From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Templates)
|Look up template in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Template may mean:
- a stencil, pattern or overlay used in graphic arts (drawing, painting, etc.) and sewing to replicate letters, shapes or designs
- a pre-developed page layout in electronic or paper media used to make new pages with a similar design, pattern, or style
- Form letter, a predefined letter which retains its primary intent when individually customised with variable data or text.
Computer science and information technology
- Template (file format), a standardized non-executable file type used by computer software as a pre-formatted example on which to base other files, especially documents
- Template (C++), a tool for generic programming especially in the C++ language
- Template metaprogramming, a programming technique used by a compiler to generate temporary source code
- Template method, an object-oriented design pattern
- Template processor, a system that combines a template with data to produce an output.
- Template (word processing), a standard document containing layout and styles used to configure word processing software
- Style sheet (web development) or master page on which you can globally edit and format graphic elements and text common to each page of a document
- Web template or web template system, a master page used to produce web pages
- A main document from which mail merge documents are created
- a strand of DNA which sets the genetic sequence of new strands
- a strand of RNA which translates genes into proteins
- Template (racing), a device used in car racing to ensure that the body of the race vehicle adheres to specifications
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.