List of temples in Lahore
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Temples in Lahore)
In 1941, 64.5% of the population of Lahore was Muslim and about 36% was Hindu or Sikh.
- Chand raat temple,Ichra Lahore
- Temple of Loh (son of Lord Ram–Lahore is named after him)
- Mahadev, there is a Bhairav temple also
- Sheetla mandir
- Doodhwali Mata Nandir (between Shah Almi and Lohari gate)
- Arya Samaj Mandir
- Mandir Wachhowali
- Akbari Mandi Temple
- Ramgali Temple
- Model Town B Block Temple
- Model Town D Block Temple (not in use)
- Temple near Mela Ram Talao,
- Krishna Mandir at Ravi Road,
- Jain Shwetambar Temple with Shikhar, Thari Bhabrian Lahore City
- Jain Digambar Temple with Shikhar, Thari Bhabrian Lahore City
- Jain Shwetambar Dada Wadi (Mini Temple), Guru Mangat in Lahore Cantt., Foot Prints in stone
- Jain Digambar Temple with Shikhar, Old Anarkali (Jain Mandir Chawk): This temple was destroyed in the riots of 1992. Now an Islamic school is run from the former temple. ()
- "Forced Migration and Ethnic Cleansing in Lahore in 1947, Ishtiaq Ahmed, 2004" (PDF). Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- "Hindu, Sikh temples in state of disrepair". Daily Times. 16 April 2004. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- "Hindu Temples of Pakistan". Shaivam.org. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- http://voiceofdharma.com/books/mla/ap41-49.htm Temples and Gurdwaras in West Punjab
- One Hindu temple in Lahore, and no crematorium[dead link]
- "TEPA to remodel roads leading to Jain Mandir Chowk". Daily Times. 1 June 2007. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- "South Asia | Demolishing history in Pakistan". BBC News. 5 December 2002. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- LIST OF JAIN TEMPLES IN PAKISTAN[dead link]
- Gurudwara Prakash Asthan Sri Guru Ram Das Ji (Lahore)[dead link]
- [dead link]