|Tempo Networks, LLC|
|Launched||November 21, 2005|
|Owned by||Frederick Morton, Jr.|
|Formerly called||MTV Tempo|
Tempo Networks, LLC is a pan-Caribbean television channel broadcasting the music and culture of the Caribbean. Programming includes music videos, news, dramas, and documentaries addressing all aspects of Caribbean life. Musical genres broadcast include Reggae, Soca, Dancehall, Ska, Calypso, Reggaeton, and Punta rock. Although programming is largely in English, TEMPO seeks to bring together the English, Spanish, French, and Dutch cultures of the Caribbean into one united Caribbean.
The station broadcasts on Cablevision in the New York Metropolitan Area (Channel 1105), and reaches over 3,500,000 viewers in the Caribbean. It streams live over the internet 24/7/365 at http://www.GotTEMPO.com
TEMPO was launched by MTV Networks in 2005. Caribbean native Frederic Morton, Jr., Deputy General Council at Viacom bought out the channel in 2007, moving corporate headquarters to Newark, NJ in 2008.
It was the first network created to bring together the diverse cultures of the Caribbean. It also serves the large Caribbean community living outside of the region in the New York city metro area (NY/NJ/CT), Atlanta, Boston, Washington D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia, Miami and Los Angeles.
- Badness Outta Style
- Cross Caribbean Countdown
- Pull up Selecta
- My TEMPO Trip
- Downtown Island
- TEMPO Live & Direct
- Rise & Shine
- Westwood Park
- Inside the Rhythm
- TEMPO Presents: Artists, Events, and Music Video Making-ofs
Major events hosted by Tempo include the "Tempo Turns" events, concerts held throughout the islands and United States which draw tens of thousands attendees from around the world. TEMPO Turns 6 was held at Six Flags / Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey.
TEMPO has carried out several socially-conscious campaigns, including the Badness Outta Style school tours, One Love / Haiti, and TEMPO Water.
Additional projects include TEMPO Bookings, connecting Caribbean artists with event planners, and the TEMPO Web Store. It has also worked with tourist boards throughout the region, including those of Antigua, Trinidad & Tobago, Grenada, USVI, Barbados, and Turks & Caicos.
- Cable & Wireless
- VP Records
- Bahamas Telecommunications Company
- American Airlines
See also 
- Atlanta Post - How he Built it: Frederick A. Morton, Founder of Caribbean Media Company TEMPO Networks
- New York Times - Selling the Caribbean from the Island of Newark
- NJ Monthly Magazine - Island in the City
- Newark Star Ledger - Newark Entrepreneur Creates TV Station Devoted to Caribbean Content
- Montclair Times - Montclair Man Preps to Launch Caribbean Television Station in the U.S.
- Trinidad and Tobago Guardian - TEMPO Networks Gears Fifth Anniversary
- Cable & Wireless Caribbean - Partnerships : MTV Tempo - Press Release
- Is MTV Losing Tempo?