Temptation Island (2011 film)
|Directed by||Chris Martinez|
|Produced by||Jose Mari Abacan
Lea A. Calmerin
|Written by||Chris Martinez|
Rufa Mae Quinto
|Music by||Von de Guzman|
|Editing by||Vanessa De Leon|
|Distributed by||GMA Films
|Box office||P 90 Million 
Temptation Island is a 2011 Philippine comedy drama film directed by Chris Martinez produced by Jose Mari Abacan and released by GMA Films and Regal Films. The film is a remake of the 1980 film of the same name.
Four beauty pageant contestants, who are vying for the coveted title of "Miss Manila Sunshine", set sail on a yacht. They ended up stranded on a deserted island after their vessel got caught up on fire. Together with an attractive young man, a maid and the gay pageant director, the four ladies found life "anything but dull.
In 2010, Regal Films decided to remake their 80s cult hit film Temptation Island that starred Dina Bonnevie, Deborah Sun, Jennifer Cortez, Bambi Arambulo, and Azenith Briones. Initially, ABS-CBN had the TV rights from Regal Films to remake the film into a TV series together with another 80s film, Underage. But Regal Films asked to take back the rights and the two companies compromised that ABS-CBN artists would be part of the remake. The initial cast were supposedly Marian Rivera, Angelica Panganiban, Lovi Poe, Pokwang, Carla Abellana, Shaina Magdayao, and Andi Eigenmann. But Regal films decided to co-produce the film with GMA Films, which is ABS-CBN's rival network's film studio GMA Network, they then pulled out ABS-CBN artists of the film. In March 2011, the final cast was revealed and that the film will star Marian Rivera, Heart Evangelista, Solenn Heussaff, and Lovi Poe. The leading men completed the cast with Aljur Abrenica, Tom Rodriguez, and Mikael Daez. Paulo Avelino was initially one of the leading men, but later refused because of health reasons.He was replaced by Mikael Daez.
- Marian Rivera as Cristina G.
- Rufa Mae Quinto as Nympha
- Heart Evangelista as Virginia P.
- Lovi Poe as Serafina L.
- Solenn Heussaff as Pura K.
- John Lapus as Joshua
- Tom Rodriguez as Umberto
- Mikael Daez as Ricardo
- Aljur Abrenica as Alfred
- Dennis Trillo as Antonio
- Margaret Wilson as Herself
- Deborah Sun as Nenuca Kikinang
- Tim Yap as Himself
- Tessa Prieto-Valdes as Herself
According to Box Office Mojo, the film was able to garner more than P60M in four weeks of showing despite being pitted against Hollywood blockbuster's Transformers: Dark of the Moon and the final installment of Harry Potter.
- Direk Chris Martinez does not mind cuts made to Temptation Island
- Temptation Island producers request fans to put closure on Marian Rivera and Hear Evangelista
- Philippine Box Office for July 6-10
- Roselle Monteverde explains why Regal Films decided to remake 'Temptation Island'
- 'Temptation Island' stars narrate how they prepared for this contemporary remake
- Regal gets rights back of 'Temptation Island'
- Final Casting of 'Temptation Island' Marian, Heart, Lovi, and Solenn
- Paulo Avelino regrets turning down 'Temptation Island' role
- ON THE SET: 'Temptation Island' beauties sizzle on the sands of Paoay, Ilocos Norte