|Studio album by Duke Pearson|
|Recorded||December 16 and 19, 1959
Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs
|Duke Pearson chronology|
In the liner notes, producer Alfred Lion recalls the off-the-cuff recording of "3 A.M.": "The session was over, and everybody was ready to pack up and the lights in the studio had been turned off. Then, Duke started to play the blues, with his hat on, and quickly Gene grabbed his bass and Lex got ready. In the control room, we got set, but fast, and this is the result."
- All compositions by Duke Pearson except as indicated
- "Bluebird of Happiness" (Sandor Harmati, Edward Heyman, Harry Parr-Davies) - 4:19
- "I'm a Fool to Want You" (Joel Herron, Frank Sinatra, Jack Wolf) - 5:24
- "I Love You" (Porter) - 4:33
- "When Sonny Gets Blue" (Fisher, Segal) - 5:09
- "The Golden Striker" (John Lewis) - 5:24
- "On Green Dolphin Street" (Bronislau Kaper, Washington) - 6:46
- "3 A.M." - 8:55
Recorded December 16 (tracks 6 & 7) and December 19 (tracks 1-5), 1959.