Tennessee's congressional districts
There are currently nine United States congressional districts in Tennessee based on results from the United States 2010 Census. There have been as few as eight and as many as thirteen congressional districts in Tennessee. The 13th district and the 12th district were lost after the 1840 Census. The 11th district was lost after the 1850 Census and the 10th district was last lost after the 1950 Census. The 9th district was briefly lost after the 1970 Census but was regained after the 1980 Census.
Current districts and representatives
List of members of the Tennessean United States House delegation, their terms, their district boundaries, and the districts' political ratings according to the CPVI. The delegation has a total of 9 members, with 7 Republicans, and 2 Democrats.
|1st||Phil Roe (R–Johnson City)||Republican||R+25||January 3, 2009 – present|
|2nd||John Duncan Jr. (R–Knoxville)||Republican||R+20||November 8, 1988 – present|
|3rd||Chuck Fleischmann (R–Ooltewah)||Republican||R+16||January 3, 2011 – present|
|4th||Scott DesJarlais (R–Jasper)||Republican||R+18||January 3, 2011 – present|
|5th||Jim Cooper (D–Nashville)||Democratic||D+5||January 3, 2003 – present|
|6th||Diane Black (R–Gallatin)||Republican||R+21||January 3, 2011 – present|
|7th||Marsha Blackburn (R–Brentwood)||Republican||R+18||January 3, 2003 – present|
|8th||Stephen Fincher (R–Frog Jump)||Republican||R+19||January 3, 2011 – present|
|9th||Steve Cohen (D–Memphis)||Democratic||D+25||January 3, 2007 – present|
- Southwest Territory's at-large congressional district, obsolete since statehood
- Tennessee's at-large congressional district (1796–1805; 1873–1875)
- Tennessee's 10th congressional district, obsolete since the 1950 census
- Tennessee's 11th congressional district, obsolete since the 1850 census
- Tennessee's 12th congressional district, obsolete since the 1840 census
- Tennessee's 13th congressional district, obsolete since the 1840 census
Historical district boundaries
- "The National Atlas". nationalatlas.gov. Retrieved May 28, 2014.