Tennessee Commission on Children and Youth
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2007)|
The Tennessee Commission on Children and Youth (TCCY) is a Tennessee state agency with a primary mission of advocacy for improving the quality of life for Tennessee children and families. TCCY lost its independent status in 2012 with a change in the law changing the appointing authority of the executive director from the Commission members to the governor. The policy-making body of TCCY is a 21-member commission whose members are appointed by the governor. At least one member is appointed from each of Tennessee's nine development districts. Five youth advisory members meet the federally mandated composition required for a state advisory group. The agency has its headquarters on the 9th floor of the Andrew Johnson Tower in Downtown Nashville.
TCCY works with state agencies, juvenile courts, child advocacy groups, interested citizens and other organizations to improve services to children. The commission members, central office staff and regional coordinators are engaged in the following activities:
- Improving the coordination of services for children.
- Collecting and disseminating statistical and programmatic information.
- Informing citizens and organizations of children’s issues.
- Tracking legislation and making recommendations to the Governor and Legislature.
- Evaluating the delivery of services to children in state custody and their families through the Children’s Program Outcome Review Team quality service review process.
- Administering the Federal Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act, the Juvenile Accountability Block Grant and other federal and state grant funds for juvenile justice programs.
- TCA 37-3-101-107
- Section 223(a)(3) of the federal Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act
- Home page. Tennessee Commission on Children and Youth. Retrieved on August 22, 2010. "Tennessee Commission on Children and Youth Andrew Johnson Tower, 601 Mainstream Drive, Nashville, TN 37243-0800."
- Agency website www.tennessee.gov/tccy
- Tennessee Commission on Children and Youth
- "Disproportionate Minority Confinement Study." - Tennessee Commission on Children and Youth
|This Tennessee-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|