Tennyson High School
|Tennyson High School|
|27035 Whitman Street
Hayward, California, 94544
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Hayward Unified School District|
|Color(s)||Columbia Blue, Black|
|API average||593 (2009-2010)|
Tennyson High School is a high school in Hayward, California formed in 1957.
Tennyson is within one mile north of the South Hayward BART station. The school is bordered to the west by the Amtrak Capitol Corridor route, with a train signal and gates installed there. Student fatalities from trains have been reported.
Tennyson offers Advanced Placement classes.
According to a 2013 report  only "16 percent of ninth graders attended class on a daily basis and just 34 percent of seniors at Tennyson High School graduated last year".
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2013)|
Local schools which feed into Tennyson High include: Cesar E. Chavez Middle School, known as La Vista Intermediate until 1995.
- Doug Henry (baseball), MLB baseball player, San Francisco Giants
- Stacy A. Littlejohn (Television Writer), Creator & Executive Producer, "Single Ladies TV series on VH1"
- School Level Enrollment Reports - DataQuest (CA Dept of Education)
- 2006 Base API School Report - Tennyson High
- Boy, 16, taking shortcut to school, killed by train - SFGate
- HAYWARD / Amtrak train kills high school girl, 14 - SFGate
- Hayward Finds Sobering Stats Signalling Trouble For Federal School Grant ~ EastBayCitizen | Breaking News Politics Life