|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2014)|
Tensta konsthall is housed in a former storage space underneath a shopping mall. It operates as a private foundation, funded the city of Stockholm and the Swedish Arts Council. It also relies on financial support from public sources.
Tensta Konsthall was founded in 1998, part of a grassroots initiative in conjunction with Stockholm being the capital of culture of Europe.
- 1998: The art centre was founded during Stockholm City of Culture 1998. Gregor Wroblewski founder and director 1998-2003. Exhibition with Joan Miró, Elin Wikström, Stan Douglas, Carl Michael von Hausswolff, Eva Koch, Bruno Serralounge, Wolfgang Tillmans
- 1999: Exhibitions with Julian Opie, Shirin Neshat, Rupert Clamp, Jo Coupe, Jennifer Douglas, Antoinette Hächler
- 2004: The artists group Konst2 (Rodrigo Mallea Lira, Ylva Ogland and Jelena Rundqvist) appointed head. Exhibitions with Oda Projesi, Masato Kobayashi
- 2005: Exhibition space painted in Leopard pattern. Publication of The Coloring Book (based on works by Edvard Munch and Tracey Emin).
- 2006: Exhibition with Jihani Kapour, Carl Fredrik Hill. Publication of Ultra Violent Design
- 2007: Exhibitions with Jen de Nike, International Festival Opening of experimental museum shop Dark Rainbow Shop by Zandra Ahl. Exhibition Artist Clothing - fashion by 12 artists.
- 2008: William Easton (artist) appointed head. Exhibitions with Kjartan Slettemark, Rainer Ganahl, Miguel Calderón, Liam Gillick and Annika Eriksson.
- 2009: Opening of The Velvet Room forum for video, film and other time based media. Exhibition Polyglottolalia with Susan Hiller, Omer Fast, Candice Breitz, Peter Rose, Erik Bünger, summer exhibition Cut my legs off and call me shorty! with artists Susanna Hesselberg, Ulf Lundin, Emma Rendel, Ulla West, Kristoffer Zetterstrand video works curated by Gunnel Pettersson in collaboration with Film Form including Carl Fredrik Reuterswärd Solo exhibition with Tris Vonna Michell. Performance Behind The Yellow Wallpaper based on The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman. Publication 163 04/Venezia, New York, Paris.
- 2010: Exhibition "Rethink Kakotopia" curated by Elisabeth Delin Hansen from Nikolaj Centre of Contemporary Art in Copenhagen with Lise Autogena & Joshua Portway, Bill Burns, Haubitz + Zoche, Tue Greenfort, Tea Mäkipää, Cornelia Parker, Superflex and Fiona Tan. The Children of Ceausescu with photographs by Kent Klich and texts by Herta Müller. Opening of The Billboard a public art project for young artists and art students. World premiere of Det Hårda och det Mjuka (The Hard and the Soft) by Öyvind Fahlström written in 1953 and performed by The Alice Collective. TRIO ABC choreographed by Tanja Tuurala a reworking of Trio A by Yvonne Rainer. Exhibition "Vem vill bli slängd på tippen?" (Who wants to be thrown on the garbage dump?) by Patrick Kretschek, Erik Rosshagen and Fredrik Ehlin. Video screening Vittnesmål (Testimony) curated by Magdalena Dziurlikowska and Richard Dinter. Exhibition Berliner Geschichten (Berlin Stories):The Collective Coral Colony with Nevin Aladag, Larissa Fassler, Annika Larsson, Johannes Paul Raether and Solmaz Shahbazi, Curated by Adnan Yildiz
- 2011: Maria Lind appointed director. Exhibition Gifts of Intimacy curated by William Easton with Anastasios Logothetis, Hans Rosenström, Corinna Schnitt, Mako Ishisuka and Peter Callesen. Publication of "Gifts of Intimacy" written by William Easton Gil & Moti When Dreams come true, medverkande konstnärer: Gil & Moti samarbete med Kunsthallen Nikolaj, Bochum Art Museum, Stavanger Art Museum, Lentos Art Museum, Linz, Publikation: Gil & Moti Totally Devoted to You, Hatje Cantz. text, William Easton, Gil & Moti, Hans Günter Golinski, Elisabeth Delin Hansen, Catrin Lundqvist, Peter S. Meyer, Stella Rollig. ISBN 978-3-7757-2847-8.
- 2012:Exhibition: Abstract Possible with Doug Ashford, Claire Barclay, José León Cerrillo, Yto Barrada, Matias Faldbakken, Priscila Fernandes, Zachary Formwalt, Liam Gillick/Anton Vidokle, Goldin+Senneby, Wade Guyton, Iman Issa, Gunilla Klingberg, Dorit Margreiter, Åsa Norberg/Jennie Sundén, Mai-Thu Perret, Falke Pisano, Walid Raad, Emily Roysdon, Tommy Stöckel, Mika Tajima, Haegue Yang. Maria Lind is heavily criticised for a collaboration with Bukowskis auction house and a sponsorship deal with Lundin Oil. A site is created calling for a boycott and her resignation.
- Tensta | A Presentation by Maria Lind | Tensta Konsthall, Cluster Network.
- http://www.rethinkclimate.org/titel/titel KAKOTOPIA
- http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Children-of-Ceausescu/Heuta-Muller/e/9781884167102/ Children of Ceausescu
- [*,(in Swedish)/Boycott]
- [*, Call for resignation]
- (Swedish) DN.se, Tre Frågor till William Easton
- TomasNygren.com, Lapdogs of the Bourgeoisie at Tensta Konsthall
- Mordet på Tensta Konsthall, Ericsson, Lars O, Books-On-Demand. Sweden, ISBN 978-91-975596-0-7, ISBN 91-975596-0-1