|Born||Linda Ann Hopkins
July 25, 1976 
Great Falls, Montana, USA
|Other names||Tara Patrick, Brooke Thomas, Linda Shapiro, Sadie Jordan, Sara Jordan|
|Ethnicity||Thai, English, Dutch|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Weight||121 lb (55 kg; 8.6 st)|
|Spouse(s)||Evan Seinfeld (m. 2004–09)|
|Partner(s)||Tony Acosta (2010–present)|
|No. of adult films||126 (per IAFD)|
Tera Patrick (born July 25, 1976) is the stage name of an American pornographic actress and model. Patrick is the Penthouse Pet of the Month for February 2000 and is an inductee for the NightMoves, AVN and XRCO Halls of Fame.
Tera Patrick was born Linda Ann Hopkins Shapiro in Great Falls, Montana and was raised near San Francisco. After taking weekend classes at the Barbizon School of Modeling for two years, she was hired by a Japanese modeling agency and moved to Tokyo at the age of fourteen. At one of her first photo shoots, she lost her virginity to the photographer, who "was feeding [her] champagne and Valium" until she "was getting wasted". She spent two years in Tokyo, where "she became addicted to Valium and alcohol and spent her paychecks on shopping sprees". When her father learned she had become sexually active, he complained to her agency, pointing out she was underage. It sent her back to the United States, "sixteen years old and already a washed-up model". At eighteen, she obtained a GED, briefly studied nursing at Boise State University, then received EMT certification from a local vocational school.
Patrick started her adult career in 1999 and in 2003 became a contracted "Vivid Girl". She retired from shooting scenes in the Adult industry in 2008, but continues to operate her website, production company, and pursue other business ventures. She licenses her movie catalog worldwide.
Patrick has appeared in Playboy and Penthouse, where she was the "Pet of the Month" for February 2000 and was selected as "Pet of the Year" runner-up. In 2003, Patrick became the masthead publisher of Genesis.
In November 2006, Patrick starred in a Vivid/Teravision production titled "Tera Patrick's Fashion Underground" where she performed with Jean Val Jean and Tommy Gunn. In the same film her husband, under the name Spyder Jonez, performed with Lanny Barby. In an interview, Tera Patrick says she's OK with him doing scenes with other girls. The two made five movies for Vivid and ten for Teravision (with Seinfeld appearing under the name "Spyder Jonez"; he has also directed some features).
In an interview with the Adult Film Database in February 2007, Patrick stated she would only continue to work in front of the camera for two more years, but plans on releasing her starring adult titles over the next decade.
In April 2007, Patrick and her production company, Teravision INC, filed a lawsuit against Jenna Jameson and Playboy Enterprises (the new owners of Club Jenna) for failing to properly account for and pay royalties on money earned by Patrick's Web site clubtera.com.
In August 2014, Patrick made her first celebrity appearance at the 14th annual edition of Fetish Con convention and trade show in Tampa, FL.
- Patrick also appeared and voiced herself in episode 63 of Aqua Teen Hunger Force animated series, which first aired November 19, 2006.
- Her television appearances include Chelsea Lately, Last Call with Carson Daly, The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch, MSNBC, FOX News, and Telemundo.
- Patrick was on the cover of the July 2006 American edition of FHM, revealing candid details in an interview inside. Patrick, who had been named one of FHM's 100 sexiest women, was the first porn star to appear on the cover.
- Patrick was made into a playable character in the video game Backyard Wrestling 2.
- Patrick was also in the music video for "I Can't Move" by Everlast.
- Patrick had a cameo role in the 2007 Will Ferrell comedy Blades of Glory.
- She appeared with her (then) husband, Evan Seinfeld (a.k.a. Spyder Jonez), on the E! Channel's True Hollywood Story Rock Star Wives.
- Patrick hosted the 2007 Spike channel Guy's Choice awards.
- In 2008, Patrick appeared as herself in four episodes of the WE network's reality series Secret Lives of Women.
- Patrick was involved in promotion for the 2008 video game Saints Row 2, and also gave her own voice in its first episodic expansion pack Ultor Exposed.
- Patrick was featured in the book, Permanence: Tattoo Portraits (pub. 2008) by the artist Kip Fulbeck.
- In 2011, Complex magazine ranked her at #2 in their list of “The Top 50 Hottest Asian Porn Stars of All Time.”
- In 2012, Patrick appeared in the tenth episode of season one of the cable television series Girls of Sunset Place.
- In 2014, Patrick appeared in two mainstream movie productions. In the Dave Foley and Andy Dick comedy Live Nude Girls, she was cast along with fellow adult industry performers Bree Olsen and Asa Akira. Patrick also appears in the horror movie Angel of Darkness: The Legend of Lilith
- In August 2014, Patrick announced hosting an hour-long weekly radio show on Vivid radio on the Sirius/XM network.
One of Patrick's earliest projects was the launch of an herbal product called Python for men and Naughty for women 2005.
Patrick's clothing lines include Mistress Couture and her T-shirt line with the TITS Brand. She also operates an EBay store as well as a 'Tera Patrick merchandise' store at AllThingsTera.net.
In 2006, Patrick and her then-husband, Evan Seinfeld, launched a talent agency representing models and actors. According to a quote on the agency's website, Patrick's goal "is to help girls (and guys) in the business to be treated with respect, and realize their true potential...." Additionally, she owns a production company called "Teravision," which along with Vivid Video released its first feature, "Desperate," starring Patrick and Seinfeld. In April 2006, it was announced that she would host the Exxxotica Miami convention.
In 2008, Patrick became one of the adult actresses to have a molded product from Interactive Life Forms, LLC, makers of Fleshlight brand products. In 2014, the company added two more designs based on Patrick.
Tera Patrick starred in an Indonesian mainstream horror film Rintihan Kuntilanak Perawan (Moaning of Virgin Ghost), which was presented countrywide from October 14, 2010, through November 16, 2010.
Patrick's memoir, Sinner Takes All, co-written by journalist and author Carrie Borzillo, was published by Penguin imprint Gotham Books on January 5, 2010. The book chronicles Patrick's path to stardom, along with various other life experiences she along the way. During the writing process, which she describes as "cathartic", Patrick discusses how she and her mother repaired their relationship, and how she addressed problems within her relationship with her former husband, Evan Seinfeld. Patrick commented, "I wanted the book to end happily. I knew there were problems with our marriage obviously, and the decision to leave him came about quite suddenly."
On January 9, 2004, Patrick married Evan Seinfeld in a small ceremony, after a three-year relationship, in Las Vegas where they were attending the 2004 AVN Awards show. The couple announced on September 30, 2009 that they were ending their marriage. Tera remains sole owner of her production company, TeraVision INC.
Tera gave birth to a baby girl on February 25, 2012. The father is Hollywood special effects artist Tony Acosta known for his work on 300, Dawn of the Dead, and the Superman movie Man of Steel.
Awards and honors
- 1999 CAVR Award – Starlet of Year
- 2000 Hot d'Or Award – "Best American Starlet"
- 2000 NightMoves Award – "Best New Starlet" (Editor's Choice)
- 2000, 2001 CAVR Award – Fan Favorite
- 2001 AVN Award – "Best New Starlet"
- 2001 XRCO Award – "Best New Starlet"
- 2001 NightMoves Award – "Best Actress/Female Performer" (Fan's Choice)
- 2001 Hot d'Or Award - "American Best Actress"
- 2002 Venus Award – "Best American Actress" for Forbideen Tales
- 2002 Runner-up Penthouse Pet Of The Year
- 2002 Hustler Honey
- 2004, 2005, 2006 F.O.X.E. Fan Favorite
- 2004, 2005, 2007 Genesis Pornstar of the Year
- 2006 FHM 100 Sexiest Women
- 2006 VH1's Top 40 Hottest Rockstar Girlfriends & Wives
- 2007 F.A.M.E. Award for Favorite Female Starlet
- 2007 Adam Film World Guide Award – Crossover Female Performer Of The Year
- 2007 Eroticline Award – "Successful Performing Businesswoman of the Year (USA)"
- 2007 NightMoves Hall of Fame inductee
- 2008 F.A.M.E. Award – Favorite Female Starlet
- 2009 AVN Hall of Fame inductee
- 2009 F.A.M.E. Award – Favorite Female Starlet
- 2009 F.A.M.E. Award – Favorite Star Website – TeraPatrick.com
- 2009 XBIZ Award – Crossover Star of the Year
- 2009 XBIZ Award – ASACP Service Recognition Award
- 2013 Exxxotica Fanny Award – Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2014 XRCO Hall of Fame inductee
- Hammond, Steven (2009-12-31). "Sinner Takes All: A Memoir of Love and Porn". edgeboston.com. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- "Bio – Tera Patrick". terapatrick.com. Retrieved 2009-03-21.
- "Personal Biography: Tera Patrick". Internet Adult Film Database. Retrieved 12 October 2013.
- Tera Patrick, Sinner Takes All, Gotham Books/Penguin 2009 , Ch.2
- "Laid Bare: Tera Patrick, 'Sinner Takes All: A Memoir of Love and Porn'". Washington Post. Retrieved 17 November 2014.
- Patrick, ch.3-4
- Patrick, ch.6
- Staff. "Tera Patrick profile". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- Patrick, Tera. "Biography". www.terapatrick.com. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- David Salcido. "An Interview With Tera Patrick". Blue Food. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- Andrea Bonaventura, "Spin, Suck & Choke: Down and Dirty With Tera Patrick" Real Detroit Weekly February 14, 2008. "When he does scenes with other girls I get to go shopping. He comes home all cute and romantic after."
- "Tera Patrick, Candid Interview 2007". adultfilmdatabase.com. 2007-02-20. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- "Porn Showdown". New York Post. 2007-04-28. Retrieved 2007-04-29.
- "Tera & Playboy's School of Sex". Adult Industry News. Retrieved September 15, 2008.
- Sullivan, David. "Tera Patrick to Host 2008 AVN Awards Adult superstar shines for 25th anniversary show". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- Staff. "Tera Patrick and Joslyn James on ‘Inside the Industry’ Wednesday". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- Staff. "Tera Patrick Attending Fetish Con". XBIZ.com. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- Long-Haired Offender (2007-05-31). "Playing with Tera Patrick". GamerHelp.com. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- "Tera Patrick Graces FHM's July 2006 Cover". Business Wire. 2006-06-05. Archived from the original on 2006-06-05. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- "Tera Patrick, FHM Covergirl". Fleshbot. 2006-06-02. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- TeamXBox Staff (2004-10-07). "Backyard Wrestling 2: Tera Patrick Interview". TeamXBox.com. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- "Tera Patrick Swallows The Mainstream". complex.com. 2008-07-31. Retrieved 2008-09-28.
- Staff. ""E! True Hollywood Story" Rock Star Wives (2007)". IMDb.com. Amazon. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- Staff. "Secret Lives of Women (2005– ) TV Series". IMDb.com. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- Ahearn, Nate (July 30, 2008). "Saints Row 2 and Tera Patrick Preview". IGN. Retrieved 2008-06-30.
- Brudvig, Eric (March 30, 2009). "Saints Row 2: Ultor Exposed". IGN. Retrieved 2009-04-10.
- jaymie Offline. "Kip Fulbreck Tattoos". Asiance Magazine. Retrieved 2014-04-16.
- Gabriel Alvarez (2011-09-19). "The Top 50 Hottest Asian Porn Stars of All Time". Complex. Retrieved 2013-08-02.
- Staff. "Girls of Sunset Place: Season 1, Episode 10 Beauty and Burlesque (17 May 2012) TV Episode - Drama". IMDb.com. Amazon. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- Miller, Dan. "'Live Nude Girls' With Tera Patrick, Bree Olson to Premiere". XBIZ.com. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- Staff. "Live Nude Girls (2014) Comedy - 19 August 2014 (USA)". IMDb.com. Amazon. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- Gray, Lila. "Tera Patrick Stars in Mainstream Horror Flick 'Angel of Darkness'". XBIZ.com. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- Staff. "Angel of Darkness: The Legend of Lilith (2014) 85 min - Horror". IMDb.com. Amazon. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- Blocks, Iris. "Interview: Tera Patrick Goes On the Air with Vivid Radio". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- Staff. "Tera Patrick Reveals Plans". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- Tera Patrick To Host Exxxotica Miami April 8, 2006
- Gray, Lila. "Fleshlight Introduces 2 New Tera Patrick Signature Sleeves". XBIZ.com. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- "American pornstar to shoot in Indonesia". The Jakarta Post. October 6, 2010
- [dead link]
- "Tera Patrick: A Memoir of Love And Porn". SuicideGirls.com. 2010-01-05. Retrieved 2010-01-05.
- "No Apologies: Tera Patrick and Evan Seinfeld on Lust, Love and Licentiousness". SexHerald.com. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- Preston, Bob (September 30, 2009). "Tera Patrick, Evan Seinfeld Split". XBIZ. Retrieved 2009-10-01.
- DaBove, Jon. "MMD INTERVIEWS THE ICONIC TERA PATRICK". Men's Mag Daily. Mens Maid Daily. Retrieved 2014-10-14.
- "Tera Patrick gives birth to a baby girl". Retrieved 2012-03-08.
- Staff. "Tera Patrick Gives Birth to a Baby Girl". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- "CAVR Stars - Nominees & Winners - 12/22/2010". Cavr.com. 2010-12-22. Retrieved 2014-08-22.
- "Hot d’Or archives presse x, articles sur les Hot d’or". Hot-dor.fr. Retrieved 2014-05-17.
- "AVN Past Winners". AVN. 2001. Retrieved Jan 1, 2014.
- "Tera Patrick... We'd Love to Get Lucky With Her". AskMen.com. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- Peter Warren (2007-06-23). "2007 F.A.M.E. Award Winners Announced". AVN. Retrieved 2007-06-24.
- Nelson X (2007-03-29). "Adam Film World Announces Annual Award Winners". AVN. Retrieved 2013-10-11.
- "Venus Award Winners Announced". 24 October 2007. Retrieved 31 January 2014.
- "Past Winner History". Nightmovesusa.com. Retrieved 2014-01-14.
- David Sullivan (2008-06-07). "2008 F.A.M.E. Winners Announced at Erotica LA". AVN. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "Nominations 2009 AVN Adult Movie Awards" (PDF). AVNAwards.com. 2008-11-25. Retrieved 2008-11-26.[dead link]
- "F.A.M.E. Award Winners Announced". AVN. 2009-09-13. Retrieved 2009-08-04.
- XBIZ Award Winners, XBIZ, February, 2011
- "Winners Announced at Inaugural Fannys Ceremony". AVN.com. 2013-04-22. Retrieved 2013-05-12.
- John Sanford (2014-02-18). "XRCO Announces 2014 Hall of Fame Inductees". XBIZ. Retrieved 2014-02-25.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tera Patrick.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Tera Patrick|
- Official website
- Tera Patrick at the Internet Movie Database
- Tera Patrick on Twitter
- Tera Patrick at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Tera Patrick at the Adult Film Database
- Tera Patrick on Facebook