He became a member of Avon County Council in 1981 until its abolition in 1996. Since then, he has been a member of South Gloucestershire Council. He has also since then been Chairman of the Avon Fire Authority.
As of 3 May 2007, his daughter in law Julie Walker is also a South Gloucestershire councillor, both representing the same ward.
- Times Guide to the House of Commons October 1974
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs [self-published source][better source needed]
- South Gloucestershire Council member's information.
- Bristol Evening Post, 4 May 2007.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Terence Walker
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|New constituency||Member of Parliament for Kingswood
|This article about a Labour Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|