||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2013)|
Bronx, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||Television actress, Singer|
She is best known for her recurrent role on the Fox Broadcasting Company's sitcom Married...with Children, as hapless television reporter "Miranda Veracruz de la Jolla Cardenal." She played more than forty different female characters, including the show's main love interest, on the Brandon Tartikoff/PBS comedy series, The Steven Banks Show, and has guest-starred on many other American television series, including Night Court, L.A. Law, Cafe Americain, Friends, and 3rd Rock from the Sun. In 2002, she debuted as a feature film actress in New Line Cinema's S1m0ne, written and directed by Andrew Niccol and starring Al Pacino. Shortly thereafter, she was cast as Anthony LaPaglia's suicidal mother (in flashback) on CBS's Without a Trace, appearing in three episodes of the series. She was female lead Roxanne Bojarski's mother in multiple episodes of the NBC dramatic series American Dreams, and in 2006, narrowly escaped death in a hail of gunfire on CBS's drama series, Numb3rs.
Parente is a New York stage actress, singer, and a performer in many TV and radio commercials. Teresa is currently singing jazz at Los Angeles venues, as a featured soloist with Concert Choirs (most recently with the Hollywood Master Chorale), and gives private performances featuring jazz gems and selections from the Great American Songbook. She formed the Sisters of Swing (S.O.S) this year, an Andrews Sisters-style girl group.
She is the widow of actor/writer/producer Mark Ritts and has one daughter. She is a native of The Bronx, New York.
- Numb3rs as Denise Davis (1 episode, 2006)
- Without a Trace as A.S.A.C. Doris / (2 episodes, 2004–2005)
- Less Than Perfect as Cranky Receptionist in Sperm Bank (1 episode, 2003)
- American Dreams as Lenore Bojarski (1 episode, 2002)
- S1m0ne (2002) as Talk Show Host #1
- Friends as the Woman at Wedding (1 episode, 2001)
- Strong Medicine as Maya Chavez (1 episode, 2001)
- Gepetto (2000) (TV) Featured
- Sabrina, the Teenage Witch as Miss Sorecorn (1 episode, 2000)
- Malcolm & Eddie as Cassandra 'Caz' DeVille (1 episode, 2000)
- The Hughleys as Mrs. Inez (1 episode, 1998)
- 3rd Rock from the Sun as Dahlia (1 episode, 1998)
- Shark in a Bottle (1998) as The Saleswoman
- Married... with Children as Miranda Veracruz de la Hoya Cardenal (9 episodes, 1994–1996)
- Vanishing Son as Elaine Ross (1 episode, 1995)
- The Steven Banks Show (1994) TV series as Mariana (unknown episodes)
- Night Court as Mary Theresa Schiavelli (1 episode, 1991)
|This article about an American television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|