Teresa Strasser (2011)
|Born||Teresa Lynn Strasser
June 8, 1970
Panorama City, California, U.S.
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Occupation||Radio personality, television personality, writer|
|Known for||The Adam Carolla Show, While You Were Out|
|Spouse(s)||Daniel Wachinski (m. 2008)|
Teresa Lynn Strasser (born June 8, 1970) is an American writer and television personality known for hosting the first season of the home makeover show While You Were Out on TLC. She also co-hosted The Adam Carolla Show.
Strasser married Daniel Wachinski, an IBM accountant, in a small ceremony at the Venetian in Las Vegas, Nevada, on June 25, 2008. The couple's first baby, a boy named Nathaniel "Buster" James, was born on September 24, 2009.
Strasser began writing for Win Ben Stein's Money in 1997, winning a Daytime Emmy Award, and also had several small film roles and writing jobs, including a writing credit for Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.
While You Were Out
In 2002, Strasser hosted fifty episodes of While You Were Out when former host Anna Bocci left the show. Strasser had previously served as a writer for the show. She did not consider herself handy, but she compensated with her dark sense of humor and empathy, as she cried after several renovations. Strasser left the show after one season.
The Adam Carolla Show and The Adam Carolla Podcast
Strasser replaced Rachel Perry on The Adam Carolla Show on May 8, 2006, as the news anchor for the radio program She had previously served as a fill-in before Perry officially left the show. In 2010, she left the show when taping was moved to nighttime, which caused a scheduling conflict. She was replaced by "radio co-host and News Girl," Alison Rosen.
A segment on the show in September 2006 focused on Strasser's past relationships. Her past boyfriends, such as Jimmy Kimmel Live! writer and The Sarah Silverman Program actor Steve Agee and a marketing executive named Brandon, discussed why their relationship failed. Normally, the skit is embarrassing for Strasser and her ex, such as when she claimed Agee cried after sex. The segment debuted September 6, 2006 with writer Greg Lee, whom Strasser dated for eight months.
During the segment with Agee, Strasser also admitted that she had once been conned by a sexual pervert. She said a man stripped and masturbated in her apartment after she had invited him in, mistakenly thinking one of her friends had bought her a Strip-o-gram.
The Parent Experiment Podcast
From February to August 2010, Strasser and Lynette Carolla (wife of Adam Carolla) co-hosted a weekly hourlong podcast on their parenting experiences. Strasser left the Parent Experiment due to other commitments, and was replaced by Susanna Brisk.
Peter Tilden Show
On August 19, 2010, KABC announced that Strasser would be joining the Peter Tilden Show as Tilden's female co-anchor. Strasser began her work there on August 23, 2010. On August 26, 2011 Teresa did her last show on KABC in order to focus on her TV, commercial voiceover and camera work.
Other television work
After leaving While You Were Out, Strasser hosted Lovers Lounge, a dating game show on the Game Show Network in 2000. She was also a feature story reporter for several episodes of Good Day New York in 2004, while also being the New York correspondent for both Good Day Live and On-Air With Ryan Seacrest. Strasser worked as a “love coach” along with Shop 'Til You Drop host JD Roberto on the 2006 ABC series How to Get the Guy until its cancellation. In October 2006, she replaced Debra Wilson as the co-host of the TV Guide Channel show TV Watercooler. She frequently appears on VH1 and E!'s various "list" shows. She also guest starred on Alicia Silverstone led dramedy, Miss Match. Strasser served a brief stint as a correspondent on the entertainment and gossip news show TMZ on TV which premiered in September 2007. She quit TMZ due to a time conflict with the Adam Carolla Show. In addition, she has covered the red carpet for the Emmy Awards and the Tony Awards, for E! and TV Guide Network, respectively. Teresa currently works as a host and reporter for the new Scripps Networks show The List. The program features pop culture topics, news and current issues, as well as celebrity news and events and what's going on around town.
Strasser has worked regularly as a freelance columnist for The Los Angeles Times and The Jewish Journal of Greater Los Angeles, and won an award on June 24, 2006, for columnist of the year from the Los Angeles Press Club. Strasser is currently a regular contributor for the calendar section of The Los Angeles Times.
She also wrote a book titled, EXPLOITING MY BABY: Because It's Exploiting Me, which was published in January 2011.
ABC ordered a pilot, "Mother Teresa" to be written by Strasser based on her book, "Exploiting My Baby" 
Awards and recognition
- LA Times Bestseller, #8 Paperback Nonfiction for Exploiting My Baby 
- Three Los Angeles Press Club Awards (2004 and 2005 for Columnist of the Year)
- Emmy Nomination - writer (commentary) - Suncoast Chapter
- Emmy Nomination - program host/moderator - Suncoast Chapter
- Simon Rockower Awards for both Excellence in Feature Writing and Writing about Singles ("When Booty Calls")
- Emmy Award, Outstanding Special Class Writing, "Win Ben Stein's Money"
- Teresa Strasser at the Internet Movie Database
- The Adam Carolla Show, 15-Apr 2008
- Adam Carolla Show, 7 Nov 2008
- WireImage: Wedding photos
- GroomsOnline: Interview with Teresa Strasser
- Wedding photos from the photographer's blog
- Clark County, Nevada marriage certificate number 20080624000465360
-  Teresa Strasser and Nils Lofgren. The Adam Carolla Podcast, August 2, 2010
- Teresa Strasser & Patton Oswald The Adam Carolla Podcast, September 19, 2009
- 8 May 2006 « The Official Adam Carolla Show Blog
- Teresa, Strasser. "The Adam Carolla Show: I'll Miss You Naming My V". Teresa Strasser. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- The Adam Carolla Show: About Teresa Strasser
- Adam with Mike Birbiglia, Steve Agee, Brian Posehn, and Danny's Junk - February 21, 2007 « The Official Adam Carolla Show Blog
- ADAM WITH RICH EISEN, DAVE'S MOM AND ADAM'S DAD « The Official Adam Carolla Show Blog
- ADAM WITH PEREZ HILTON, WOLFGANG PUCK AND WILLIE NELSON « The Official Adam Carolla Show Blog
- Adam Carolla Show, September 1 2010
- the futon critic - the web's best primetime television resource
- Lewin, Shoshana (2006-06-09). "Former Bulletin writer goes national with TV show". The Jewish News Weekly of Northern California.
- Official website[dead link]
- Teresa Strasser Interview
- Teresa Strasser on Myspace
- Teresa Strasser at the Internet Movie Database
- Exploiting My Baby (blog October 2012)
- Bacon, Caleb (January 28, 2009). "Meet Teresa Strasser: Co-Host, 'The Adam Carolla Show'". LAist.