|Teresina–Senador Petrônio Portella Airport
Aeroporto de Teresina–Senador Petrônio Portella
|IATA: THE – ICAO: SBTE|
|Elevation AMSL||67 m / 219 ft|
|Metric tonnes of cargo||3,673|
Sources: Airport Website, ANAC
Teresina–Senador Petrônio Portella Airport (IATA: THE, ICAO: SBTE) is the airport serving Teresina, Brazil. Since December 22, 1999 it is named after Petrônio Portella Nunes (1925-1980) a former Mayor of Teresina, Governor of Piauí, Senator and Minister of Justice who had a key role in preparing the end of the Brazilian military government.
It is operated by Infraero.
The airport was opened on September 30, 1967 and since December 23, 1974 it is operated by Infraero.
The airport underwent major renovations between 1998 and 2001, including the passenger terminal, runway and the construction of a new control tower.
Airlines and destinations
The airport is located 5 km (3 mi) from downtown Teresina.
- "Movimento operacional da rede Infraero de janeiro a dezembro de 2013" (in Portuguese). Infraero. January 14, 2013. Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- "Airport Official Website" (in Portuguese). Infraero.
- "Lista de aeródromos públicos" (in Portuguese). ANAC.
- "Lei n˚ 9.942, de 22 de dezembro de 1999" (in Portuguese). Lei Direto. December 23, 1999. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- Airport information for SBTE at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for SBTE at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Current weather for SBTE at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for THE at Aviation Safety Network
- Sen. Petrônio Portella Airport Photo Archive at airliners.net