April 17, 1957 |
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Teresa "Teri" Austin (born April 17, 1957) is a Canadian-born film and television actress, with an career in the United States, best known for her role as Jill Bennett in CBS primetime soap opera Knots Landing.
Life and career
Austin is best known for her performance as Jill Bennett on CBS series Knots Landing. She played the role from 1985 to 1989, and in 1990 won Soap Opera Digest Award for Outstanding Villain: Prime Time. She also appeared in Quantum Leap, Seinfeld, Matlock, Murder, She Wrote, L.A. Law, and returned to soap roles in Beverly Hills, 90210 and Models Inc.. In film, she appeared in The Vindicator (1986), and Raising Cain (1992).
In 2000s, Austin left from acting, and began working as animal activist in Los Angeles.
- The Fall Guy as Annie Benton (1 episode, 1985)
- Terminal Choice (1985) as Lylah Crane
- The Vindicator (1986) as Lauren Lehman
- Dangerous Love (1988) as Dominique
- Knots Landing as Jill Bennett (96 episodes, 1985-1989)
- False Witness (1989) as Sandralee Dawson
- Street Legal as Alex Roper (1 episode, 1989)
- Quantum Leap as Dana Barrenger (1 episode, 1990)
- Cop Rock as Trish Vaughn (1990)
- Seinfeld as Ava (2 episodes, 1991)
- Matlock as Beth (2 episodes, 1990-1992)
- Wings as Shannon Moss (1 episode, 1992)
- Raising Cain (1992) as Karen
- Murder, She Wrote as Louise Walton (1 episode, 1993)
- L.A. Law as Morgan Farrell (1 episode, 1993)
- Beverly Hills, 90210 as Ingrid (2 episodes, 1994)
- Models Inc. as Dinah (2 episodes, 1994)
- The Dark Mist (1996) as Diamond
- Diagnosis Murder as Claire Reed (1 episode, 1997)
- An American Daughter (2000) as Greta
- Gangland (2001) as Mary Anne Adams
- "Teri Austin". Nndb.com. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- Pennacchio, George (2006-05-21). "Actress Teri Austin Now Known as Animal Activist 5/21/06 | abc7.com". Abclocal.go.com. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "The Soap Opera Digest Awards: 1990". Soap Opera Digest. soapoperadigest.com. Archived from the original on March 1, 2009. Retrieved March 15, 2013.