||This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012)|
Teriyaki Boyz in Bangkok, Thailand
|Labels||Def Jam/(B)APE Sounds (2005-present) Universal/Star Trak Entertainment (2007-2010)|
|Associated acts||A Bathing Ape, Rip Slyme, M-Flo, Pharrell, Kanye West, Manami|
Teriyaki Boyz is a Japanese hip hop group from Tokyo, Japan. The group consists of Ilmari and Ryo-Z from Rip Slyme, Verbal from M-Flo, rapper Wise and Nigo, the DJ and founder of the popular Japanese streetwear brand A Bathing Ape. Hence the group members are prominently seen sporting Bathing Ape wear for live concerts and in music videos.
Their debut album from Def Jam Recordings and (B)APE Sounds, titled Beef or Chicken was produced by an array of rap and electronica producers including Adrock of the Beastie Boys, Cornelius, Cut Chemist, Daft Punk, Dan the Automator, DJ Premier, DJ Shadow, Just Blaze, Jermaine Dupri, Mark Ronson, and The Neptunes. Their first single "HeartBreaker", was produced by Daft Punk and contains elements of the Daft Punk song "Human After All". The group has gone on to collaborate with renowned rap artists Kanye West, Jay-Z, Pharrell, Busta Rhymes, and Big Sean for their subsequent singles.
Two tracks by the Teriyaki Boyz were featured on the The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift soundtrack, the title track "Tokyo Drift (Fast and the Furious)", and "Cho L A R G E", featuring Pharrell which had previously been released on their debut album.
- 2006: Beef or Chicken
- 2009: Serious Japanese
- 2009: Delicious Japanese (part of the 'Delicious Japanese' CD + DVD set)
- 2006: "HeartBreaker"
- 2007: "I Still Love H.E.R." (feat. Kanye West)
- 2008: "Zock On!" (feat. Pharrell and Busta Rhymes)
- 2009: "Work That!" (feat. Pharrell and Chris Brown)
Album appearances 
- 2006: The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (soundtrack)
- 2006: The Official Delivery Iccho
- 2008: World Tour 2007
- 2009: Do You Japanese? Tour @ Zepp Tokyo DVD" (part of the "Delicious Japanese" CD + DVD set)