Terminal City Rollergirls
|Teams||All-Stars (A team)
Terminal City Rollergirls is a roller derby league based in Vancouver. It was founded in January 2006 by Michelle Lamoureux (aka "Micki Mercury"). The league currently consists of five home teams, and the TCRG All-Stars, a mixed team which competes against teams from other leagues.
TCRG is the first roller derby league in the Vancouver area, became an apprentice member of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA) in October 2010, and a full member of WFTDA's West Region in March 2011.
Terminal City skaters Luludemon and 8Mean Wheeler were selected for Team Canada at the 2011 Roller Derby World Cup. 8Mean Wheeler (now skating as MacKenzie), Luludemon and 4 other Terminal City Skaters, Buffy Sainte Fury, Evada Peron, Eve Hallows and Kim Janna were named to the 2014 edition of Team Canada. In addition, TCRG's Mack the Mouth was named to Team Canada's coaching staff in both 2011 and 2014.
The travel team, the Terminal City All-Stars, represents Terminal City within the WFTDA, and is ranked by the association.
In 2010, Raw Meat was formed, a drop-in skating group open to all skill levels.
- Amy Reid, "'It's like playing dress-up, but a little more hardcore'", Vancouver Courier, 7 May 2010
- "WFTDA Apprentice Program welcomes 10 new leagues", WFTDA, 5 October 2010
- "WFTDA welcomes 6 new members", WFTDA, 1 March 2011
- Kimiya Shokoohi, "Vancouver's Luludemon rolls her way to the top", Vancouver Courier, 12 October 2011
- Mercy Less (5 August 2011). "Team Canada Roster Announced". Derby News Network. Retrieved 9 December 2011.
- Derby Nerd (30 December 2014). "Team Canada Releases Roster for the 2014 Roller Derby World Cup". The Derby Nerd. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
- "Current Rankings", WFTDA
|This article about a Canadian sports club is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Vancouver-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|