Terra Linda High School
|Terra Linda High School|
|San Rafael, California 94903
|School type||Public, Parcel taxes, high school|
|School board||San Rafael City Schools Board of Education|
|Oversight||Western Assn of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Schools|
|Rivals||San Rafael High School, Marin Catholic High School|
|Communities served||San Rafael, Lucas Valley, Marinwood, Santa Venetia|
|Feeder schools||Dixie School District
|San Rafael City Schools, Our Schools|
Terra Linda High School (also known as TLHS and more commonly known as TL) is a public secondary school located in Terra Linda, San Rafael, California, United States. In 2006, it was named a California Distinguished School.
The official school mascot is the Trojan.
Terra Linda High School was established in 1960 in its current location on 320 Nova Albion Way.
Terra Linda wrestling had an eight season winning streak from 1998–2006 and has consistently been successful in MCALs, due mainly to the hard work and dedication of Mike Gardner, and currently Daniel Dardon. In 2004-2005 season TL won the first NCS team tournament for class 2A Redwood Empire, even though they forfeited two weight classes. TL faltered in 2007, after losing their senior class, TL ended its 46 match in-league winning streak, which is the longest streak of any sport in MCAL history. In 2008 the team rebounded, and won the MCAL title with an undefeated in-league record and is back on track to create another winning streak with their dedicated coaches and alumni who always return to help the current student athletes.
Terra Linda Football dominated the MCAL under Coach Don Lucas from 1966 to 1980; winning ten league titles and the NCS 3A division in 1979 and 1980. The '79 team featured a veer offense and a stout 4-3 defense that allowed only 2 touchdowns all year. The 1980 Trojans did a repeat and won the NCS 3A Championship from El Molino on a quagmire Bailey Field in Santa Rosa.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (June 2010)|
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014)|
- Joe Alessi, Principal Trombonist, New York Philharmonic
- Joe Ayoob, holds world record for longest thrown paper airplane flight with a distance of 226 feet, 10 inches. Former starting Quarterback for the California Golden Bears
- Stacey Bailey, former NFL Wide Receiver for the Atlanta Falcons
- David Brewer, Chief Judge, Oregon Court of Appeals
- Rick DeMont, American Gold-medalist, 1972 Summer Olympics, who had his medal revoked due to banned substances discovered in his Asthma medication.
- Patricia C. Dunn, former non-executive chairman of the board of Hewlett-Packard
- David Haskell, Film Godspell, stage, and television actor
- Bill Lee, University of Southern California, retired left-handed Major League Baseball pitcher for the Boston Red Sox. Lee was a 2008 inductee into the Red Sox Hall of Fame as the team's record-holder for most games pitched by a left-hander (321) and the third-highest win total by a Red Sox southpaw (94).
- Pete McRae, founding member of The Kats
- Barry O'Brien, television writer and producer
- Jim Sherbert, CEO, Bush Industries, Oregon State University representative in 1971 East-West Shrine Game, former NFL Linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys
- Daniel Andreas San Diego, first domestic terrorist to be added to the FBI Most Wanted Terrorists list
- FBI San Francisco. "Marin Man Added to FBI’s ‘Most Wanted Terrorists’ List". Retrieved August 28, 2014.