Terra de Promissio
|Terra de Promissio|
|Location||Petaluma, California, USA|
|Appellation||Sonoma Coast AVA|
|Key people||Charles Karren, owner
Diana Karren, owner
Terra de Promissio (English: The Land of Promise) is a family owned and operated vineyard that grows Sonoma Coast pinot noir grapes. The vineyard is located in the Sonoma Coast AVA, outside Petaluma, California in Sonoma County.
Terra de Promissio was founded, developed and is operated husband and wife Charles Karren and Diana Karren.
In 2011, the Wine Spectator named the 2009 Kosta Browne Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir as its 2011 Wine of the Year. The wine comprises fruit from three vineyards including Terra de Promissio. It is the first Sonoma County wine to win the award since 1999 and the first ever Pinot Noir wine to win. Wine Spectator editors tasted and reviewed over 16,000 new releases from 12 countries and they noted the Kosta Browne Sonoma Coast bottling showcases Michael Browne’s meticulous winemaking and the quality of their grape sources. The 2009 Kosta Browne Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir rated 95 points on Wine Spectator’s 100-point scale. Also in 2011, the Lynmar 2009 Terra de Promissio received a 94 from Wine Spectator.
- Murphy, Linda, Decanter (February 2010). "Cool-climate California Pinot".
- "Sips of Recently Tasted Wines". PinotFile. The Prince of Pinot. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- "Lynmar Estate". PinotFile. The Prince of Pinot. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- "Williams Selyem 2011 Terra de Promissio Vineyard Pinot Noir". Wine Enthusiast. Wine Enthusiast. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- "Sonoma Coast Appellation". Kosta Browne Winery. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- "Siduri Wines". PinotFile. The Prince of Pinot. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- Laube, James, Wine Spectator (December 2011). "Wine Spectator Top 100 2011".
- Laube, James, Wine Spectator (May 9, 2011). "12 Outstanding California Pinot Noirs".