Austin during the Redskins 2011 training camp.
|No. 4 Free agent|
|Date of birth:||August 25, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Long Beach, California|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||186 lb (84 kg)|
|High school:||Long Beach (CA) Poly|
|NFL draft:||2010 / Round: 7 / Pick: 219|
Career NFL statistics
|Stats at NFL.com|
Terrence La'Mar Austin (born August 25, 1988) is an American football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He was selected by Washington Redskins in the seventh round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).
Washington Redskins (2010–2011)
Austin was drafted by the Washington Redskins in the seventh round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He was released by the team on September 4, 2010 and was signed to the practice squad the next day. He was promoted to the active roster on November 27, 2010. Austin had his first NFL catch against Jacksonville on Week 16. At the end of 2010 NFL season, Austin played a total of 5 games.
At the beginning of the 2011 season, Austin made the active 53-man roster. Austin played a total of 13 games by the end of the season. Contributing more to special teams, he recorded 12 receptions and 137 receiving yards.
At the start of 2012 training camp, it was announced that Austin was taking reps as punt returner providing competition for Brandon Banks. Austin was released on August 31, 2012 for final cuts before the start of the 2012 season.
Los Angeles KISS
- "Redskins waive Joey Galloway". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- Maese, Rick (August 30, 2011). "Redskins wide receiver Terrence Austin sees his hard work pay off". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2011-08-29.
- "Roster Review: Wide Receivers". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-02-28.
- Tinsman, Brian (July 26, 2012). "Thursday Training Camp Practice Notes". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- Jones, Mike (August 31, 2012). "Redskins’ cutdown day begins". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- "Lions sign 12 players to futures deals". detroitlions.com. January 1, 2013. Retrieved 2013-01-03.