Terrence Holt (writer)
His single debut book, a collection of short stories entitled In the Valley of the Kings, was published in 2009 and has recently garnered Holt a large following and much positive appraisal in the literary world. In the Valley of the Kings has been praised by Pulitzer Prize winner Junot Diaz, National Book Award winner Gerald Stern, National Book Award finalist Aleksandar Hemon and many other writers.
- Childers, Doug. "Fiction review: In the Valley of the Kings." Richmond Times-Dispatch, Sep 13, 2009 .
- Department of Social Medicine, University of North Carolina School of Medicine .
- Holt, Terrence (2009). In the Valley of the Kings. W.W. Norton. ISBN 978-0-393-07121-4.
- Giraldi, William. "The Unnameable." The New York Times Sunday Book Review, Sep 13, 2009, p. BR27 .
- Howe, Brian. "Terrence Holt dispels the dark spaces in his fiction." Interview, "The Independent" Dec 16, 2009 full-length interview available at http://www.indyweek.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A407392, 18 Dec 2009.
- Mansbach, Adam. "'In the Valley of the Kings' by Terrence Holt." The Los Angeles Times, Sep 13, 2009
- Mundow, Anna. "New Marriage of Science and Fiction." Interview. The Boston Globe, November 15, 2009 .
- Neary, Lynn. "Story Specialists: Doctors who Write." "All Things Considered," National Public Radio, Nov 17, 2009 .
- Nimocks, Amber, and Frank Stasio. "In the Valley of the Kings." Radio Interview, "The State of Things," WUNC-FM, Chapel Hill, NC Sep 15, 2009 .