|No. 6 – Houston Rockets|
January 9, 1992 |
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Listed weight||252 lb (114 kg)|
|High school||Jefferson (Portland, Oregon)|
|NBA draft||2012 / Round: 1 / Pick: 18th overall|
|Selected by the Houston Rockets|
|Pro playing career||2012–present|
|2012–2013||→Rio Grande Valley Vipers (D-League)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
Terrence Alexander Jones (born January 9, 1992) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for the Houston Rockets of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball at the University of Kentucky.
High school career
Jones was ranked the #8 player in the class of 2010 by Scout.com, the #9 player in the ESPNU 100, and the #13 player by Rivals.com. Jones led Jefferson High School to three straight Oregon class 5A state championships between his sophomore and senior years. On January 20, 2010, it was announced that Jones was selected to the 2010 Junior National Select Team. The team played at the 2010 Nike Hoop Summit at the Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon on April 10. He was also selected to play in the 2010 McDonald's All-American Game and the 2010 Jordan Brand Classic.
Jones committed to Washington on April 30, 2010, but didn't sign a letter of intent. He ended up changing his mind and on May 19, 2010, he signed a financial aid agreement with Kentucky instead of a letter of intent.
Jones had 25 points and 12 rebounds in his University of Kentucky debut in a win vs. East Tennessee State. Jones and Doron Lamb became the first freshman duo in UK history to score 20 points in a debut.
On January 11, 2011, Jones came off the bench for the first time in his UK career after not being able to participate in that day's practice due to illness. That night, he broke the UK freshman single-game scoring record, putting up 35 points on 11 of 17 shooting against Auburn University. This came just one month after teammate Doron Lamb set the record with 32 points.
In Jones' freshman year, the Kentucky Wildcats advanced to the Final Four, falling by one point to the University of Connecticut Huskies. Jones, along with freshman teammate Doron Lamb, decided to stay a second year at Kentucky instead of enter the NBA draft with freshmen Brandon Knight, Enes Kanter, junior DeAndre Liggins, and senior Josh Harrellson.
Entering his sophomore year and becoming a member of the 2011–12 Kentucky Wildcats men's basketball team, Jones was part of what was considered "the most highly anticipated" Kentucky basketball teams of all time based on pre-season hype, recruit expectations, and existing talent.
On October 26, 2011 Jones participated in Kentucky's annual Blue vs. White scrimmage, scoring a school-record 52 points.
In his sophomore season, Jones helped lead the Kentucky Wildcats to a 38-2 record, including an undefeated 16-0 record in regular season conference play, as well as the Wildcat's 8th national championship. That season, Jones averaged 15.7 PPG, 8.8 RPG, 1.9 BPG, and 1.6 APG. He was the "Preseason Player of the Year" of the SEC, was a 2nd Team SEC selection, and an SEC all-tournament team selection.
After the 2011–2012 national championship season, Jones was one of six Wildcats to enter the NBA draft, along with Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Marquis Teague, Doron Lamb, and Darius Miller. All six players were drafted, setting a record for most players from one school drafted in the NBA Draft.
Jones announced that he would enter the 2011 NBA Draft where he was expected to be a first round selection, though he had not signed with an agent, leaving him the option to return to Kentucky by withdrawing his name from the draft by May 8. In April 2012, Jones declared for the 2012 NBA Draft. He was selected by the Houston Rockets with the 18th pick in the 2012 NBA Draft. During his rookie season, he spent time with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers of the NBA D-League.
On February 4, 2013, Jones was named to the Prospects All-Star roster for the 2013 NBA D-League All-Star Game. However, he was replaced by Chris Wright because he was later recalled by the Rockets and thus was not an "active" player on a D-League roster.
In July 2013, Jones was arrested for allegedly stomping on a homeless man who was sleeping outside a nightclub in Portland, Oregon. He was charged with harassment, a Class B misdemeanor, and released on his own recognizance. 
- 2010 McDonald's All-American team selection
- 2010 Jordan Brand High School All-American team selection
- 2012 SEC all-tournament team
- "Scout.com: Football Recruiting". Scouthoops.scout.com. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- "College Basketball Recruiting - ESPNU 100 - ESPN". Insider.espn.go.com. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- "Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com Ranking - Rivals150 for class of 2010". Rivalshoops.rivals.com. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- "Jefferson three-peats with win over Mountain View | kgw.com | Portland News, Local News, Breaking News, Weather | Sports". kgw.com. 2010-03-14. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- Name, Author (2010-01-20). "It’s the USA Against Everyone Else". Slam Online. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- "Jefferson's Terrence Jones Named All-American - Sports News Story - KPTV Portland". Kptv.com. 2010-02-12. Retrieved 2010-08-26.[dead link]
- "Jordan Brand Classic". Nike.com. 2010-02-18. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- Allen, Percy (2010-04-30). "Huskies | Terrence Ross signs with Huskies; commits but doesn't sign | Seattle Times Newspaper". Seattletimes.nwsource.com. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- Nick Daschel, Special to The Oregonian (2010-05-19). "Terrence Jones signs agreement with Kentucky - OregonLive.com". Highschoolsports.oregonlive.com. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- Leung, Diamond. "Report: Terrence Jones signs with Kentucky - College Basketball Nation Blog - ESPN". ESPN. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- "Kentucky wakes up in second half, finishes off ETSU". Espn.go.com. 2010-11-12. Retrieved 2011-11-15.
- "Basketball | NCAA | Game Recap - Auburn v Kentucky - washingtonpost.com". Stats.washingtonpost.com. 2011-01-11. Retrieved 2011-11-15.
- "Terrence Jones Spurns the Cash, Stays at Kentucky". Nationofblue.com. Retrieved 2011-11-15.
- Fields, Mike. "Terrence Jones scores 52, freshmen shine in Kentucky basketball Blue-White Scrimmage | University of Kentucky Sports News | Lexington Herald-Leader". Kentucky.com. Retrieved 2011-11-15.[dead link]
- "Brandon Knight entering NBA draft". ESPN.com. April 20, 2011.
- "UK's starting five opts for draft". ESPN. 18 April 2012. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- 2012-13 NBA Assignments
- 2013 NBA Development League All-Star Game Rosters Announced
- Two Replacements Named for the 2013 NBA Development League All-Star Game
- "Basketball is in Jones' DNA". Sports.espn.go.com. 2009-10-02. Retrieved 2011-11-15.
- "Terrence Jones arrested in Portland". espn.go.com. July 31, 2013. Retrieved July 31, 2013.
- "NBA power forward Jones arrested for stomping homeless man's legs". Portland Tribune. July 31, 2013. Retrieved August 1, 2013.