Terri Sue Webb
Terri Sue Webb is an activist living in Bend, Oregon, who was one of few activists in the United States active in The Freedom to be Yourself (TFTBY or FTBY) campaign. She has been imprisoned and released multiple times for public nudity. On several occasions, she has remained fully nude while incarcerated, often resulting in a much longer jail sentence. There has been extensive media coverage of her activities. Daniel Johnson went nude with her in public on two occasions in 2001, in Portland, and 2002, in Bend.
In December 2010 she was arrested for criminal trespassing II in Clackamas County Oregon otherwise her whereabouts and activities are not widely known.
||This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (March 2010)|
- “To be offended by the visual appearance of another person is prejudice, akin to racism. The right to exist, uncovered, should hold precedence over the right not to view [nudity], for the objection is irrational.” - activist Terri Sue Webb in the Spring 2002 edition of Nude and Natural magazine in article entitled "Beyond Safe Havens: Oregon's Terri Sue Webb"
- "Clothing encourages us to fill it, to consume more. Which is what I have done, resulting in my disturbing fat body. If the effects of our behavior and habits upon our bodies were generally visible, people would take care of themselves and not look like me." - activist Terri Sue Webb in an interview with Daniel Johnson on 16 Dec 2001
- "If I am pushed into clothing for the sake of a trial, this aids the prosecution in its designation of my 'appearing naked' as a deed in itself, an act with intent, when it's not an act, its simply what I am, what we all are. The judge has ordered that I appear 'appropriately dressed' in court or face jail time. I was appropriately dressed for the occasion the first time!" - activist Terri Sue Webb in a post to stopsegregation discussion group, 27 Nov 2001
- Nude & Natural (N), Beyond Safe Havens: Oregon's Terri Sue Webb, By Daniel Johnson Issue 21.3, Spring 2002 .
- Nude & Natural Vol 21.3: 24-28, Spring 2002.Terri Sue Webb: An American Bethell/Beyond Safe Havens: Oregon's Terri Sue Webb (written by Daniel Johnson).
- The Progress Report "Psychiatric Imprisonment in Oregon" by Fred E. Foldvary, Senior Editor
- There was also an article at Bend.com by Barney Lerten titled "Judge commits blanket-wearing nude activist for more mental treatment. In return, Terri Webb accuses Judge Michael Sullivan of 'hatred toward human race'" dated May 2, 2002 with an update May 10, 2002.
- Clothes free organizations
- Public nudity
- Russell Shaw Higgs
- Stephen Gough
- Timeline of significant non-sexualized public nudity activities
- Vincent Bethell