Terrorism in Kuwait
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2006)|
- December 12, 1983 - US and French embassies were bombed, along with the Kuwait International Airport by the Islamic Dawa Party.
- May 1985 - A failed assassination attempt was made on Sheikh Jaber Al-Sabah, who was the emir of Kuwait at the time.
- October 8, 2002 - A US Marine was killed and another wounded during training exercises on Failaka Island.
- October 10, 2002 - Two gunmen with ties to Al-Qaeda open fire on an American Humvee.
- November 21, 2002 - Two American contractors with Tapestry Corporation were wounded while driving a civilian vehicle when a Kuwaiti police sergeant opened fire at them at close range.
- January 31, 2005 - Kuwait Police infiltrate a terrorist cell belonging to the Peninsula Lions in a Salmiya apartment complex. Five terrorist members and a civilian bystander were killed.
- August 11, 2009 - Kuwaiti authorities reported that they had arrested six individuals accused of planning attacks on U.S. troops stationed at Camp Arifjan. The six men allegedly belong to a terrorist group with ties to Al-Qaeda.
- Schmitt, Eric (2002-10-09). "U.S. Marine Is Killed in Kuwait As Gunmen Strike Training Site". New York Times. Retrieved 2009-07-31.