Terry Michael Barrett (born 1945) is an American art critic, and professor of art education at University of North Texas and Professor Emeritus at The Ohio State University. His many books, anthology chapters, and articles about contemporary art, art criticism, aesthetics, and the teaching of these, have had a significant impact on the field.
- Criticizing Art: Understanding the Contemporary (1999) McGraw-Hill
- Criticizing Photographs: An Introduction to Understanding Images (1999) McGraw-Hill
- Interpreting Art : Reflecting, Wondering, and Responding (2002) McGraw-Hill
- Why Is That Art?: Aesthetics and Criticism of Contemporary Art (2007) Oxford University Press
- Making Art: Form and Meaning (2011) McGraw-Hill