|Born||9 April 1940
Lower Agbrigg district, West Riding of Yorkshire, England
|Died||2 September 2013 (aged 73)
|1973||Hull Kingston Rovers|
|Source: rugbyleagueproject.org englandrl.co.uk|
Terry A. Clawson (9 April 1940 in Lower Agbrigg district, West Riding of Yorkshire — 2 September 2013 in Pontefract) was an English professional Rugby League World Cup winning footballer of the 1950s through to the 1980s, playing at representative level for Great Britain, and at club level for Featherstone Rovers, Bradford Northern, Leeds, Hull Kingston Rovers, Oldham, York, Wakefield Trinity and Hull, as a Prop, or Second-row, i.e. number 8 or 10, or, 11 or 12, during the era of contested scrums.
Terry Clawson won caps for Great Britain while at Featherstone Rovers in 1962 against France (2 matches), while at Leeds in the 1972 Rugby League World Cup against Australia, France and Australia, while at Oldham in 1973 against Australia (3 matches), and in 1974 against France (2 matches), Australia (2 matches), and New Zealand (2 matches).
Rugby Football League Championship final appearances
Terry Clawson played, scored three conversions, and was man of the match winning the Harry Sunderland Trophy, in Leeds' 9-5 victory over St. Helens in the 1971–72 Rugby Football League Championship final at Station Road, Swinton on Saturday 20 May 1972.
Challenge Cup final appearances
Honoured at South Newcastle
Terry Clawson was named in a South Newcastle team of the century in 2010.
Terry Clawson is the father of the rugby league strength and conditioning coach Martin Clawson.
- "Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "1970-1979". Newcastle Rugby League. sportingpulse.com. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- Leeson, John (31 December 2011). "Souths honour greatest players". The Newcastle Herald. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org
- Statistics at orl-heritagetrust.org.uk
- When Great Britain won the World Cup
- Tracking down the heroes of 1972
- Photograph "Terry Clawson" at rugbyleagueheritageproject.com
- Photograph "Debutant Clawson" at rugbyleagueheritageproject.com
- Photograph "Father and son" at rugbyleagueheritageproject.com
- Photograph "Clawson held" at rugbyleagueheritageproject.com
- RFL leads tributes to Clawson
- Former Bradford Northern player Terry Clawson dies
- Terry Clawson at totalrl.com/forums
- Terry Clawson at marklaspalmas.blogspot.co.uk
- Terry Clawson RIP
- Leeds mourn death of one of RL’s ‘great characters’
- Death of former Rovers star Clawson
- Terry Clawson at featherstonerovers.net
- Rugby League mourns World Cup winner Clawson
- Obituary at announce.jpress.co.uk