|Birth name||Terry MacAlmon|
|Born||May 12, 1955|
|Origin||Poughkeepsie, New York, USA|
|Occupation(s)||singer, musician, songwriter, composer, worship leader, recording artist|
|Instruments||Vocals, Piano, Keyboards|
|Associated acts||Steve Brock
Terry MacAlmon (born May 12, 1955) is an American Christian songwriter, recording artist and worship leader. He heads a worship music ministry based in Dallas, Texas and leads worship in conferences, retreats, worship seminars, and churches throughout the United States, and internationally.
He is known for writing the song I Sing Praises that has been a Top 40 Christian song around the world and is still regularly sung in many churches. The song was published by Integrity Music in 1989 and is included in some modern hymnals.
MacAlmon began playing the piano at an early age. By the time he was five, he played his first solo in church, and by age 11 became the church pianist. He won denominational talent awards as an adolescent. His life was marked by visitations of the Holy Spirit which prepared him for future worship ministry around the world.
After a spiritual experience in 1973, MacAlmon spent the next 17 years serving in music ministry positions for several churches and traveling in concert work across America. In 1990, he moved to Colorado Springs, Colorado and pioneered a church for two years. In 1998 he began a Wednesday noon worship hour, which became known as “Lunch with the Lord”, growing to several hundred in weekly attendance and continued for 6 years. Several CDs were produced from those meetings totaling 1 1/2 million units to date that have now been sold and distributed globally.
Terry continues the life of a composer, recording artist and international worship leader. He is married to Liz MacAlmon and they make their home in Dallas, TX.
- Instrumental Worship, Vol. 1 (Integrity / M2.0 Communications, 1997, 2003)
- Instrumental Worship, Vol. 2 (Integrity / M2.0 Communications, 1998, 2003)
- Live Worship from the World Prayer Center (Integrity / M2.0 Communications, 1999)
- I Came to Worship You (Integrity / M2.0 Communications, 2002)
- Visit Us: Calling Down the Father's Glory (Integrity / M2.0 Communications, 2003)
- For the Lord is Good -Video (2003)
- The Sound of Heaven (INO records, 2004)
- You're My Glory (INO records, 2005)
- The Glory of His Presence (INO records, 2006)
- Holy! (Maranatha Records, 2007)
- The Worship Express (for Children) (2007)
- For the Bride (Maranatha Records, 2007)
- A Worshipful Christmas (New Glory Music, 2010)
- Timeless Praise (New Glory Music, 2011)
- Everlasting Love (New Glory Music, 2013)
- Allison Kennedy, "Singer Seeking 'Intimate' Prayer-Terry Macalmon, Leading Worship This Weekend, Says Quiet Experience Is Best For Him", Columbus Ledger-Enquirer (GA), November 22, 2003, Sec. Faith & Spirit, Pg. D1.
- Andy Argyrakis, "We're No Rock Stars", Christianity Today, April 19, 2004 Online version