From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the unisex given name. For other uses, see Tess (disambiguation).
|Look up Tess in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Tess is a feminine given name.
People named Tess
- Tess Daly (born 1969), British television presenter
- Tess Mattisson (born 1978), Swedish singer
- Tess Taylor (born 1989), American reality show personality
- Tess Gaerthé (born 1991), Dutch singer
- Tess Gerritsen (born 1953), American novelist
Fictional People named Tess
- Tess Durbeyfield/D'Urberville, title character in the 1979 film based on Thomas Hardy's novel, played by Nastassja Kinski
- Tess Ocean, from Ocean's Eleven (2001) and the sequel Ocean's Twelve, played by Julia Roberts
- Tess Coleman, from Freaky Friday (2003), played by Jamie Lee Curtis
- Tess Carlisle, title character from Guarding Tess (1994), played by Shirley MacLaine
- Tess McGill, from Working Girl (1988), played by Melanie Griffith
- Tess Finnegan, from Fool's Gold (2008), played by Kate Hudson
- Tess Nichols, from 27 Dresses (2008), played by Malin Åkerman
- Tess, from "Burlesque" (2010), played by Cher
- Tess Carroll, from "Charlie St. Cloud" (2010), played by Amanda Crew
- Tess Harding, lead character in "Woman of the Year" (1941), played by Katharine Hepburn
- Tess Fontana, a character in the American television series Eureka
- Tess Harding, a character in the TV series Roswell, played by Emilie de Ravin
- Tess, a character from the television series Touched by an Angel, played by Della Reese
- Tess Smith, an alternate personality of the character Jessica Buchanan on the American soap opera One Life to Live played by Bree Williamson
- Tess Adamson, a character from the New Zealand soap opera Shortland Street
- Tess Tyler, a character portrayed by Meaghan Jette Martin from the Disney Channel Original Movie Camp Rock
- Tess Mercer, a character in the TV series Smallville
- Tess Silverman McLeod, a character in the Australian TV series McLeod's Daughters, played by Bridie Carter
- Tess Ramsey, a character portrated on the American soap opera "Port Charles" played by Kelly Monaco.
- Tess Bateman, a character in the British medical drama Casualty played by Suzanne Packer
Books and comics
- Tess Durbeyfield/D'Urberville, the title character from Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
- Tess Trueheart, a character in the Dick Tracy comic strip series
- Tess, a character from the Johnny the Homicidal Maniac comic book series
- Tess Churchmouse, a character in Brian Jacques's novel Mattimeo.
- Tess Clark, a character from the Chuck Palahniuk novel Haunted.
Toys and video games
- Tess, one of the Betty Spaghetty line of toys
- Tess, a character from the Jak and Daxter video game series
- Tess, a character in the game The Last of Us
- TESS is a four-letter abbreviation that may refer to Trademark Electronic Search System
- Tess of the d'Urbervilles, 1891 novel by Thomas Hardy
- Tess (film), based on the Thomas Hardy's novel, directed by Roman Polanski and starring Nastassja Kinski
- Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite a future space telescope by MIT for NASA to explore transiting exoplanets.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|