Teton Gravity Research
|Founder(s)||Steve Jones, Todd Jones, Dirk Collins, Corey Gavitt|
|Headquarters||Jackson Hole, WY, USA|
|Products||action sports films, consumer products, live events, online media|
|Services||film production, commercial production, television production, custom digital content production|
Teton Gravity Research (TGR) is an action sports media company based in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.  The company was founded in 1996 by brothers Steve and Todd Jones, as well as friends Dirk Collins and Corey Gavitt.  The friends launched the company to create products that came from the perspective of athletes, showcased youth culture, and fueled the progression taking place in action sports.  
TGR works closely with top athletes to create multimedia content, products, and events that capture and celebrate the passion and enthusiasm of action sports. TGR has produced 32 award-winning action sports films rooted in skiing, snowboarding and surfing, and numerous original television broadcast series.  TGR is a leader in the production of action sports films with environmental messages. The company is a key partner to organizations such as the Surfrider Foundation, Protect Our Winters, and 1% For The Planet. 
TGR connects with millions of people each year through its online platform, tetongravity.com. In addition to featuring TGR's athletes and films, the website offers original editorial content, and action sports videos, stories, and photos contributed by community members.  TGR also creates a line of merchandise rooted in youth culture and the action sports lifestyle. 
TGR has produced national television commercials for brands such as Apple, Nissan, Jeep, Under Armour, Energizer, and The North Face.   TGR's creative direction, cinematography, early adoption of new technology, and experience filming in remote and extreme environments have made the company a leader in action sports content creation and experts in aerial cinematography. 
In April 2013, TGR became the official launch partner for the GSS C520, a camera platform which TGR co-founder Todd Jones described as, "the most advanced portable gyro stabilized system in the world."   TGR produced a reel using footage the company shot while first using the GSS C520, which was recognized as a "Vimeo Staff Pick." 
On September 21, 2013, TGR awarded the largest cash prize in skiing history, $100,000, to Dale Talkington as the first-ever winner of The Co-Lab, an open source video contest in which skiers from around the world submitted video edits and fans voted online to determine the finalists. Dale Talkington's fellow finalists voted and Talkington was determined to be the winner. 
The Deeper, Further, Higher Trilogy
Teton Gravity Research is largely known for its Deeper, Further, Higher film trilogy. These films showcase Jeremy Jones, who is a 10-time Snowboarder magazine "Big Mountain Rider of the Year" and the younger brother of TGR co-founders Steve and Todd Jones.  Jeremy Jones revolutionized backcountry snowboarding with Deeper, his 2010 ode to splitboarding and human-powered adventure.   His 2012 sequel Further took him to the planet's most remote mountain ranges and earned him a nod as a 2013 National Geographic 'Adventurer of the Year'.  His environmental advocacy work with Protect Our Winters won him recognition as one of President Barack Obama's 2013 'Champions of Change'.  TGR will release Higher in September 2014, which was filmed on location in Alaska, Wyoming, California, Massachussetts, and Nepal.  
On March 5, 2014, Jeremy Jones and Teton Gravity Research were featured in an episode of 60 Minutes Sports. 
TGR is currently finalizing production for its newest ski film, Almost Ablaze, set to be released in September 2014. The film features TGR athletes and was shot in Wyoming, Alaska, British Columbia, Sarajevo, Italy, and France.
Teton Gravity Research Athletes
TGR productions have included athletes such as Doug Coombs, Jeremy Jones, Tommy Moe, Seth Morrison, Johan Olofsson, Jeremy Nobis, Tanner Hall, C.R. Johnson, J.P. Auclair, J.F. Cusson, Andy Irons, John John Florence, Sage Cattabriga-Alosa, Ian McIntosh, Travis Rice, Angel Collinson, Sammy Carlson, Ian Walsh, Jamie O'Brien, Wiley Miller, Xavier De La Rue, Tom Burt, Chris Benchetler, Scotty Lago, Bryan Iguchi, and Terje Haakonsen.
TGR is a member of 1% For The Planet, Business for Innovative Climate & Energy Policy (BICEP), the Surfrider Foundation, and Protect Our Winters, which was founded by TGR athlete Jeremy Jones. 
- "The Continuum" - 1996
- "Harvest" - 1997
- "Uprising" - 1998
- "The Realm" - 1999
- "Area 51" - 1999
- "Further" - 2000
- "Los Alamos" - 2000
- "Mind the Addiction" - 2001
- "Subject To Change" - 2001
- "Gondwana" - 2001
- "The Prophecy" -2002
- "Salad Days" - 2002
- "High Life" - 2003
- "Soul Purpose" - 2004
- "Tangerine Dream" - 2005
- "Anomaly" - 2006
- "The Big One" -2006
- "Shack Therapy"(Surf film) - 2006
- "Lost and Found" - 2007
- "Under the Influence" - 2008
- "Out There" (Surf film) - 2008
- "Re:Session" - 2009
- "Generations"- 2009
- "Deeper" - 2010
- "Light the Wick" - 2010
- "One for the Road" - 2011
- "The Dream Factory" - 2012
- "Further" - 2012
- "Way of Life" - 2013
Since its inception, TGR has produced television series for a range of networks and companies including NBC, Outside Television, Showtime, and Fuel TV.  The company has also provided stock footage for clients including Red Bull Media House, The Weather Channel, Michelob, Apple, and HBO.
As of Aug 01,2012 the forum statistics in 'tgr' forums totalled:
- Threads 184,553
- Posts 2,727,361
- Members 90,666
The forums are as follows:
- Ski / Snowboard: Communicate with fellow mountain sports addicts.
- Summits: Maggots unite! Go forth and pillage as an unruly mob! -- Various Summit info can be found here.
- Sprocket Rockets: Bike junkies check in here!
- Kayak: Paddlers unite! Hook up here with your white water bretheren!
- Surf: Surfers gather here for opinions, stories and news on the greatest breaks.
- The Slide Zone: Info and discussion on avalanche conditions, incidents, tools, etc...
- Gimp Central: Injury / Rehab / training discussion
- Ask TGR: Check in here to ask TGR that question that's been driving you nuts!
- The Padded Room: A place for you to dump stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else...
- Snow Conditions and Weather: Leave your Snowpack and weather observations here.''
- Tech Talk: You asked for it --- Talk techie stuff here.
- Gear Swap: Sell / Swap your gear here
- Work Or Lack Of It: Jobs, Work Classifieds, and all that other good work
- Hook Up: Hook up and Ride Together
- Political Asshattery: Where you put your ranting and raving about politics related shit
- MUSIC, BOOKS, MOVIES: By request - Media talk here
- Photo/Video Talk: Discuss photography/videography tips & techniques
- Fishing: Not just fly fishing
- TGR Forum Archives: Treads that have been inactive for over a year.
- The Hall of Fame: The best of the best
- Kotler, Steven (2014) The Rise of Superman: Decoding the Science of Ultimate Human Performance Houghton Mifflin Harcourt ISBN 9781477800836 pg 154
- McGrath, John B. (2011) It's All Part of the Alpine Experience ISBN 9781467894456 pg 77