Teton Gravity Research
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (April 2012)|
Teton Gravity Research (TGR) is an extreme sport production company based in Wilson, Wyoming. They have been producing skiing, snowboarding and surfing films since 1996 and are best known for films like Tangerine Dream and Anomaly. The films focus on world-class athletes skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, surfing and kayaking in the best locations around the world. The company has produced over 20 films. A clip from the film Lost and Found was shown at the Macworld 2008 Keynote by Steve Jobs. It featured Erik Roner Skibase jumping off Cajun Couloir to the song "Out On The Streets" by Bang Camaro and was shown to illustrate the podcast feature of Apple TV.
- "The Continuum" - 1996
- "Harvest" - 1997
- "Uprising" - 1998
- "The Realm" - 1999
- "Area 51" - 1999
- "Further" - 2000
- "Los Alamos" - 2000
- "Mind the Addiction" - 2001
- "Subject To Change" - 2001
- "Gondwana" - 2001
- "The Prophecy" -2002
- "Salad Days" - 2002
- "High Life" - 2003
- "Soul Purpose" - 2004
- "Tangerine Dream" - 2005
- "Anomaly" - 2006
- "The Big One" -2006
- "Shack Therapy"(Surf film) - 2006
- "Lost and Found" - 2007
- "Under the Influence" - 2008
- "Out There" (Surf film) - 2008
- "Re:Session" - 2009
- "Generations"- 2009
- "Deeper" - 2010
- "Light the Wick" - 2010
- "One for the Road" - 2011
- "The Dream Factory" - 2012
- "Further" - 2012
- "Way of Life" - 2013
The most recent films released by Teton Gravity Research are entitled "Way of Life" (ski) and "Further" (snowboard)
They also sponsor a forum for users to post gear questions, reviews, trip reports, photographs and general outdoors discussions.Dave Gavitt Started it.
As of Aug 01,2012 the forum statistics in 'tgr' forums totalled:
- Threads 184,553
- Posts 2,727,361
- Members 90,666
The forums are as follows:
- Ski / Snowboard: Communicate with fellow mountain sports addicts.
- Summits: Maggots unite! Go forth and pillage as an unruly mob! -- Various Summit info can be found here.
- Sprocket Rockets: Bike junkies check in here!
- Kayak: Paddlers unite! Hook up here with your white water bretheren!
- Surf: Surfers gather here for opinions, stories and news on the greatest breaks.
- The Slide Zone: Info and discussion on avalanche conditions, incidents, tools, etc...
- Gimp Central: Injury / Rehab / training discussion
- Ask TGR: Check in here to ask TGR that question that's been driving you nuts!
- The Padded Room: A place for you to dump stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else...
- Snow Conditions and Weather: Leave your Snowpack and weather observations here.''
- Tech Talk: You asked for it --- Talk techie stuff here.
- Gear Swap: Sell / Swap your gear here
- Work Or Lack Of It: Jobs, Work Classifieds, and all that other good work
- Hook Up: Hook up and Ride Together
- Political Asshattery: Where you put your ranting and raving about politics related shit
- MUSIC, BOOKS, MOVIES: By request - Media talk here
- Photo/Video Talk: Discuss photography/videography tips & techniques
- Fishing: Not just fly fishing
- TGR Forum Archives: Treads that have been inactive for over a year.
- The Hall of Fame: The best of the best
|This article about an American film distributor or production company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|