Tetsurō Araki (荒木 哲郎 Araki Tetsurō, born November 5, 1976) is a Japanese anime director. He was born in Sayama City, Saitama Prefecture, Japan.
Araki is a graduate at Senshu University and worked with Madhouse before moving with Production I.G in 2011. His directorial debut was 2005's Otogi-Jūshi Akazukin. He is best known as the director of the Death Note anime adaptation. Araki, along with Death Note character designer Masaru Kitao, appeared at Anime Expo 2007.
Anime TV series
- Galaxy Angel (2001–2004) - Episode Director, Storyboard Artist
- Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat (2001) - Episode Director (episodes 29-32, 45, 46, 48), Storyboard Artist (31, 45, 46)
- Gungrave (2003) - Episode Director, Storyboard Artist
- Di Gi Charat Nyo! (2003) - Episode Director, Storyboard Artist
- Black Lagoon (2006) - Episode Director, Storyboard Artist
- Death Note (2006–2007) - Series Director, Storyboard Artist, Key Animator (opening credits)
- Kurozuka (2008) - Series Director, Series Composition
- Aoi Bungaku Series (2009) - Director (episode 5-6)
- Highschool of the Dead (2010) - Series Director
- Guilty Crown (2011) - Series Director
- Attack on Titan (2013) - Series Director
- ^ a b c Oochi, Yoko. "Death Note". Newtype USA. 6 (11) pp. 50–51. November 2007. ISSN 1541-4817.