Teunis (Teun) Kloek (born 1936) is a Dutch economist, Emeritus Professor of Econometrics at the Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam, specially interested in nonparametric and robust methods in econometrics.
Kloek received his PhD in 1966 from the Erasmus University Rotterdam for the thesis "Indexcijfers : enige methodologische aspecten".
Kloek was appointed Professor of Econometrics at the Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam in 1968. He was Director of the Econometric Institute from 1982 to 1992 as successor of Alexander Rinnooy Kan, and was succeeded by Harm Bart. Since his retired in 1997. Kloek has been affiliated with the Tinbergen Institute.
His doctoral students were A.L. Hempenius (1970), R. Harkema (1971), F.B. Lempers (1971), R. Teekens (1972), P.S.H. Leeflang (1974), C. Dubbelman (1978), Bart Nooteboom (1980), H. Slagmolen (1980), Roy Thurik (1984), Herman K. van Dijk (1984), P. Kooiman (1986), B.S. van der Laan (1988), J. Bouman (1988), Philip Hans Franses (1991), Marius Ooms (1993), W.E. Kuiper (1994), B. Roorda (1995), A. Lucas (1996) and R.G.J. den Hertog (1997).
Books, a selection:
- 1965. Operations Research and Quantitative Economics: an elementary introduction. With Henri Theil and John C.G. Boot. McGraw-Hill.
- 2004. Econometric methods with applications in business and economics. With Christiaan Heij, Paul de Boer, Philip Hans Franses and Herman K. van Dijk. Oxford University Press.
Articles, a selection:
- van Dijk, Herman K., and Teun Kloek. "Further experience in Bayesian analysis using Monte Carlo integration." Journal of Econometrics 14.3 (1980): 307-328.
- Kloek, Teun. "OLS estimation in a model where a microvariable is explained by aggregates and contemporaneous disturbances are equicorrelated." Econometrica: Journal of the Econometric Society (1981): 205-207.
- Van Praag, Bernard, Jan de Leeuw, and Teun Kloek. "The population‐sample decomposition approach to multivariate estimation methods." Applied Stochastic Models and Data Analysis 2.3 (1986): 99-119.
- Kloek, Teun, and Herman K. van Dijk. "Efficient estimation of income distribution parameters." Journal of Econometrics 8.1 (1978): 61-74.
- Econometric Institute (2005) Annual Report 2004. p. 81
- Kritisch & constructief: 40 jaar grensverkenningen in de econometrie: liber amicorum voor prof. dr. T. Kloek. Econometrisch Instituut, Erasmus Universiteit, 1997.
- Theses EUR department of econometrics 1970-1979
- Theses EUR department of econometrics 1980-1989
- Theses EUR department of econometrics 1990-1999
- List of publications at National Library of the Netherlands.
- Teun Kloek at Tinbergen Institute.