Texas Killing Fields
|Texas Killing Fields|
|Directed by||Ami Canaan Mann|
|Produced by||Michael Jaffe
|Written by||Don Ferrarone|
Jeffrey Dean Morgan
Chloë Grace Moretz
|Music by||Dickon Hinchliffe|
|Editing by||Cindy Mollo|
|Distributed by||Anchor Bay Films|
|Running time||115 minutes|
Texas Killing Fields (also known as The Fields) is a 2011 crime film starring Sam Worthington, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Jessica Chastain and Chloë Grace Moretz. It competed in the 68th Venice International Film Festival in September.
The plot focuses on several killings along Houston's I-45 corridor between Houston and Galveston, in and around an area known as "the killing fields"; the crime investigators on the case; their sacrifices and personal mission to protect the innocent; plus their stakeout to find the killer of the fictional character or victim in the movie. The film's screenplay was loosely inspired by true events surrounding the murders of women kidnapped from cities spread along 30 plus miles of I-45 corridor and dumped in many areas to include numerous bayous surrounding the oil fields of Texas City, Texas. While in real life there have been numerous itinerant serial killers involved over the years, the movie focuses on specific local Texas City suspects.
- Sam Worthington as Detective Mike Souder
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Detective Brian Heigh
- Jessica Chastain as Detective Pam Stall
- Chloë Grace Moretz as Little Anne Sliger
- Jason Clarke as Rule
- Annabeth Gish as Gwen Heigh
- Sheryl Lee as Lucie Sliger
- Stephen Graham as Rhino
- James Hébert as Eugene Sliger
- Sean Michael Cunningham as Sean Heigh
- Leanne Cochran as Lila
- Marcus Lyle Brown as CSI
- Tony Bentley as Capt. Bender
- Holly Ladnier as Emergency Call Director
- Kirk Bovill as Boyfriend
The film was originally going to be directed by Danny Boyle before he left the project and was replaced by Ami Canaan Mann, daughter of director Michael Mann, who produced the film. Boyle said that the film was "so dark it would never get made". The film was distributed overseas by Entertainment Film Distributors, a British company. Filming began on May 3, 2010 in Louisiana, United States.
- "Venezia 68: International competition of feature films". Venice. Retrieved 2011-07-31.
- "Sam Worthington Confirmed as Lead of The Fields, Formerly Called The Texas Killing Fields | /Film". Slashfilm.com. 2010-02-08. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- "Box office / business for Texas Killing Fields (2011)". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- "Texas Killing Fields (2011) : Filming Locations". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- [dead link]
- "‘Texas Killing Fields’ Soundtrack Released". Film Music Reporter. 2012-04-06. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- Women of Calder Drive "Haunting Evidence," starring Crime Psychic John Oliver, aired June 27, 2007 Season 2, Episode 2.