Texas State Highway Spur 86
|Maintained by TxDOT|
|Length:||0.404 mi (0.650 km)|
|Existed:||1961 – present|
|South end:||US 82 at the Red River Army Depot|
|North end:||I-30 near Hooks|
Texas State Highway Spur 86 or Spur 86 is a short spur road in Bowie County, maintained by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). The route connects Interstate 30 to U.S. Highway 82 near Hooks, and provides access from Interstate 30 to the Red River Army Depot.
Spur 86 begins at an intersection with US 82 at the main entrance to the Red River Army Depot in Whaley, Bowie County. From this point, the highway heads north as a four-lane undivided road through wooded areas with some development. Spur 86 comes to an interchange with I-30, where it ends.
A previous routing of Spur 86 existed from 1940 to 1951, and connected SH 6 to the Administration Building of Texas A&M University (then known as A&M College) in Brazos County. This route was previously SH 224. The current incarnation of Spur 86 was designated in 1961.
|0.404||0.650||I-30||I-30 exit 206|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- List of state highway spurs in Texas
- List of state highways in the United States shorter than one mile
- Red River Army Depot
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division. "Highway Designation File: State Highway Spur No. 86". Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2010-07-15.
- Texas Department of Transportation (2010). County Grid Map 586 (Map). http://www.txdot.gov/travel/countymapbook2006/Pages/586.pdf. Retrieved October 10, 2011.
- Google Inc. "overview of Texas State Highway Spur 86". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=US+82+and+Spur+86&daddr=TX-86+Spur+N&hl=en&sll=33.465691,-94.334246&sspn=0.004341,0.010568&geocode=FQ6e_gEdeY1g-imp036pEkw0hjE87V7zHXxt5g%3BFR6y_gEdAYxg-g&vpsrc=0&mra=ls&t=h&z=16. Retrieved October 10, 2011.