|Type||Wholly owned subsidiary|
|Founded||August 2003 as Re5ult Ltd|
|Headquarters||Cambridge, United Kingdom|
|Area served||United Kingdom|
|Owner(s)||Knowledge Generation Bureau|
|Employees||250+ in 12 countries|
|The factual accuracy of parts of this article (those related to article) may be compromised due to out-of-date information. (November 2010)|
Texperts is a UK-based mobile search service. In December 2008, Texperts was bought by United States-based Knowledge Generation Bureau, operator of the 118 118 services, a directory services company who had also entered the SMS Any question market. The company has since been renamed KGBAnswers.
Re5ult Ltd launched initially with a subscription-based service called 'Re5ult' on a normal mobile number. However, in August 2004 the service was launched on a premium text code and rebranded as 82ASK. In 2007, Re5ult switched phone numbers and brands again relaunching the service as Texperts on short code 66000.
A "road test" on the question "How many people were alive compared with all who had ever lived" resulted in the service answering the question in five minutes, with the closest rival answering it in twenty-two minutes. A similar question asked for "a hotel in Ireland within half an hour of Rosslare en route to Westmeath," with similar results. The company saw an average monthly growth of 20%, and had one of the most recognisable brands in the UK market.
In 2006 Texperts released the book Do Sheep Shrink in the Rain?, subtitled "The 500 Most Outrageous Questions Ever Asked and Their Answers", published by Virgin Books, ISBN 0-7535-1179-7. The 256 page paperback is a compilation of questions received and answered by the service.
Awards and partnerships
The company has won several national awards, and has business deals with several multinational companies, including Multimap, GlaxoSmithKline and The Relationship Specialists,. The company also has exclusive access to the Official Guinness World Records database, and also operates several other text services, including partnerships with Thomson and BAA.
- Keegan, Victor (7 September 2006). "The answer is just a text message away". The Guardian
- Ringshaw, Grant (19 August 2007). "Rising star to float phone research lines". The Sunday Times
- Texperts - 66000 » Do Sheep Shrink in the Rain?
- "82ASK wins Eastern Region’s Shell LiveWIRE Young Entrepreneurs Of The Year 2005" (Press release). Re5ult Ltd. May 26, 2005. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- "SMS font-of-all-knowledge honoured with gong" (Press release). Re5ult Ltd. June 18, 2005. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- "82ASK wins British Business Angels Association Award" (Press release). Re5ult Ltd. June 12, 2006. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- "82ASK wins NatWest Startups Award 2006 - "Best Use of Technology"" (Press release). Re5ult Ltd. 2006-10-20. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- "82ASK wins National Business Award" (Press release). Re5ult Ltd. 2005-07-05. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- http://about.82ask.com/partners/ 82ASK & Multimap
- http://about.82ask.com/2006/09/26/edinburgh-airport-pilots-sms-service/ 82ASK site