Textile Institute of Pakistan
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)|
|Textile Institute of Pakistan|
|Endowment||Government of Sindh|
|Campus||Main Campus (55 acres) (Bin Qasim Town), City Campus (SMCHS)|
|Affiliations||Degree Awarding: Higher Education Commission of Pakistan|
Textile Institute of Pakistan (TIP) is a private sector, not-for-profit degree-awarding institution in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. The college was established by the All Pakistan Textile Mills Association (APTMA) in 1994 as a means to create professionals to support Pakistan's textile industry. Textile Institute of Pakistan is one of the finest Art/design Institutes in the country as per latest HEC rankings
It offers a four-year, eight-semester bachelor's degree program in the following five disciplines:
- BSc (Hons) in Textile Science
- BSc (Hons) in Textile Design Technology
- BBA (Hons) in Textile Management and Marketing
- BBA (Hons) in Apparel Manufacturing and Merchandising
- BBA (Hons) in Fashion Design Management
- BBA (Hons) - Marketing, Management, Finance or Supply Chain
As of January 2014, TIP is headed by Mr. Zarrar Zubair.
In the past, TIP has been led by Dr. Zubair Bandukda and before him, Mr. Tariq Ikram, former CE Trade & Development Authority of Pakistan (TDAP), former Chairman Export Promotion Bureau (EPB) and former Minister of State, and writer and intellectual Mr. Irfan Husain.
TIP's founding chancellor was Dr. Eqbal Ahmad. Since Dr. Ahmad's demise, architect and thinker Mr. Arif Hasan has served this position. The present Chancellor of Textile Institute of Pakistan is Mr. Abdul Majeed who is a member of National Textile Foundation .
- Textile Institute of Pakistan
- All Pakistan Textile Mills Association (APTMA)
- Quack! Online Textile Institute of Pakistan's independent student newspaper
|This Pakistan university, college or other higher education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|