|Origin||Long Beach, California|
|Genres||West Coast hip hop|
Tha Eastsidaz, originally spelled as the Eastsiders, is a hip hop group that somewhat reformed the LBC Crew with Snoop Dogg, Lil' C-Style and Techniec. Their first appearance was on Tommy Boy Records' The Ride: Music from Dimension with Crooked Eye Q on a Battlecat-produced song called "Feels So Good" in 1998. Possibly due to Snoop's label and thus name change, the same happened with this idea, and since the other two members still remained signed to Death Row the trio disbanded.
It took another two years for the revival of the ensemble and they formed again in 2000, with a new line-up made up of Snoop Dogg, Tray Deee, and Goldie Loc. After signing on to Snoop's Doggystyle Records, distributed by TVT, they released their debut album, Snoop Dogg Presents Tha Eastsidaz; which was a hit and eventually went platinum. They were also featured on "Lay Low," a hit single from Snoop Dogg's album Tha Last Meal and the soundtrack to the horror film Bones, which starred Snoop as the title character. The next year, they released their second album, Duces 'n Trayz: The Old Fashioned Way. The album was critically well-received, but only certified gold.
The group broke up when Snoop left while making their second album and Tray Deee was being sentenced to 12 years in prison for attempted murder. In 2005, Goldie Loc and Snoop Dogg reunited to form Tha Eastsidaz; they released a new joint album with the IV Life Family. Goldie Loc was also involved in The Warzone with MC Eiht and Kam.
The group also appeared in two films. They were featured in the 2001 film Baby Boy and their self-titled direct-to-video crime film, which was a success in retail sales despite the extremely low-budget production thus was certified double platinum.
On April 3, 2014, Tray Deee was released from California Men's Colony, where he had been incarcerated since 2005 on attempted murder charges. On April 18 and 19, Tray Deee and Goldie Loc will reunite as Tha Eastsidaz to perform at "Krush Groove 2014" at Save Mart Center in Fresno, California and The Forum in Inglewood.
- Tha Eastsidaz (2000)
- Duces 'n Trayz: The Old Fashioned Way (2001)
- That's My Work Volume 4 (2014)
- TBA (2015)
- Won at the 2000 Source Awards : New Artist of the Year, Group.
- allmusic ((( The Ride: Music from Dimension > Overview )))
- EMI Music Sweden
- Sanchez, Tim (2014-01-27). "Tray Dee and Goldie Loc To Reunite As KDAY’s Krush Groove Moves To The Forum!". AllHipHop.com. Retrieved 2014-01-29.
- "Snoop Dogg & The Eastsidaz - That's My Work 4 Hosted by DJ Drama". DatPiff. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "BIG TRAY DEEE on Twitter: "@planet12law we puttin it together now..."". Retrieved 24 September 2014.