||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012)|
|No. 9 Winnipeg Blue Bombers|
|Date of birth:||October 21, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Euclid, Ohio|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||243 lb (110 kg)|
|High school:||Euclid (OH)|
|NFL draft:||2010 / Round: 4 / Pick: 116|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics as of 2012
|Stats at NFL.com|
Thaddeus Gibson (born October 21, 1987) is an American football defensive end for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League. He was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at Ohio State.
Gibson attended Euclid High School in Euclid, Ohio, where he had 50 tackles, 17 sacks, 22 QB hurries and two interceptions as a junior. In his senior year, he collected 39 total tackles, 10 quarterback sacks and eight tackles behind the line of scrimmage.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (June 2013)|
After redshirting his initial year at Ohio State, Gibson was part of three special teams units in 2007. He recorded 11 tackles, including 3 for a loss of yardage, as well as a quarterback sack and a forced fumble over the course of the season.
In his sophomore season, Gibson earned a place in the starting lineup at defensive end. He compiled 26 tackles, 9 tackles for a loss, and 5 sacks for the year.
Gibson was drafted with the fourth round pick of the Pittsburgh Steelers, 116th overall in the 2010 NFL Draft. Gibson appeared in two games before being waived on the Steelers' bye week.
San Francisco 49ers
On November 1, 2010, Gibson was claimed off waivers by the San Francisco 49ers. He played two games with the 49ers and recorded two tackles and one forced fumble on special teams. Gibson was released by the 49ers prior to the 2011 season, on August 15.
On October 17, 2012, the Tennessee Titans signed Gibson to the practice squad. On December 31, 2012, the Titans signed Gibson to a reserve/future contract. On August 11, 2013, he was waived by the Titans.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- "Outside linebackers 2006", Rivals.com, January 30, 2006
- Sports, NBC (November 1, 2010). "49ers claim Thaddeus Gibson off waivers". Pro Football Talk. Retrieved September 3, 2014.
- Fucillo, David (Aug 15, 2011). "49ers 53-Man Roster Transactions: LB Thaddeus Gibson Waived". Niners Nation. Retrieved September 3, 2014.
- Sports, CBS (November 30, 2011). "Bears Sign Thaddeus Gibson to Practice Squad". CBS Chicago. Retrieved September 3, 2014.
- "Bears Waive DE Thaddeus Gibson". August 26, 2012. Retrieved September 3, 2014.
- Wyatt, Jim (August 11, 2013). "Tennessee Titans' Jake Locker has an off-night". The Tennessean. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- Watkins, Calvin (August 13, 2013). "Cowboys claim defensive end Gibson". ESPNDallas.com. Retrieved August 14, 2013.
- Wilson, Aaron (August 31, 2013). "Cowboys cut Thaddeus Gibson". nationalfootballpost.com. Retrieved September 3, 2014.
- "Transactions". cfl.ca. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- Pittsburgh Steelers bio
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers bio Archive copy at the Wayback Machine
- Ohio State Buckeyes bio