From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with Thiais.
Thais is the plural of Thai, as well as a woman's name.
It usually refers to:
- The Thai people, the main ethnic group of Thailand
- The Thai peoples or Tai peoples, the ethnic groups of southern China and Southeast Asia
The name may also refer to the following:
- Thaïs, a celebrated hetaera during the era of Alexander (356-323)
- Thaïs (saint), repentant courtesan, who is recorded in the Apophthegmata Patrum or Lives of the Desert Fathers
Modern given name
- Thaís (born 1987), Brazilian footballer (full name Thaís Helene da Silva)
- Thaïs (Italian film), a 1917 film directed by Anton Giulio Bragaglia
- Thais (American film), a 1917 film produced by Sam Goldwyn
- several other silent films named Thaïs of the early 20th century
- "Thaïs", two songs by This Mortal Coil from the 1986 album Filigree & Shadow
- Thaïs (opera), the aforementioned opera by Massenet.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.