|Time zone||Sri Lanka Standard Time (UTC+5:30)|
Thalawathugoda is a suburb of Colombo city. It is located approximately sixteen (16) kilometres from the city centre of Colombo, adjacent to Battaramulla and Pelawatte on the Borella-Kottawa main road, bordering Sri Jayawardenapura-Kotte (The administrative Capital of Sri Lanka). The Diyawanna Oya (Parliament Lake) forms the "Sri Jayawardenapura-Kotte" side boundary of Thalawathugoda. The beautiful natural landscape consisting of paddy fields and marshlands in this area attracts many nature lovers. This is a rapidly developing residential area with many facilities. New modern luxury housing schemes are being developed around Kalalgoda Road and Hokandara Road to cater to high end housing demand. A notable expatriate and upper middle class local population resides in Thalawathugoda.
- Shopping Malls - (Capital Mall)
- Restaurants - (Pizza Hut)
- Banks - (Commercial Bank, Hatton National Bank, Nations Trust Bank, Bank of Ceylon, Sampath Bank)
- Gymnasium - The Austasia Sports and Leisure Complex
- Medical Facilities - (Sri Jayawardenepura Hospital,Hemas Hospital - 24 *7)
- Schools - (Overseas School of Colombo, Agramathya College Thalawathugoda , i-Gate Collage)
Thalawathugoda is served by the Maharagama Urban Council. A separate Urban Council for Thalwathugoda does not exist at present.
||Sri Jayawardanapura Kotte||Pelawatte||Jayawadanagama / Wickramasinhapura|
|This Western Province, Sri Lanka location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|