Thalwil railway station
|Elevation||435 m (1,427 ft)|
|Line(s)||Lake Zurich left bank line|
|Owned by||Swiss Federal Railways|
|Operator||Swiss Federal Railways|
Thalwil is a railway station in the municipality of Thalwil in the Swiss Canton of Zürich. The station is located on the Lake Zurich left bank (Zurich to Chur) main line and Zurich to Lucerne main line railways. To the Zurich side of the station, the Zimmerberg Base Tunnel diverges from the original lakeside line, whilst on the Lucerne side is the junction point where the Zurich to Chur and Zurich to Lucerne lines diverge. Thus all trains on both lines must pass through the station.
The station is served on the lakeside line by an hourly long distance service, generally an InterRegio service between Basel and Chur, but sometimes a EuroCity between Hamburg or Brussels and Chur. Further InterRegio services between Zurich and Lucerne operate every half-hour, with one train an hour extended to Zurich Airport. The station is also served by trains on lines S2, S8, S21 and S24 of the Zurich S-Bahn.
- Swiss Confederation. map.geo.admin.ch (Map). http://map.geo.admin.ch/?selectedNode=node_ch.swisstopo.gg25-gemeinde-flaeche.fill1&Y=685365&X=239015&zoom=7&bgLayer=ch.swisstopo.pixelkarte-farbe&time_current=latest&lang=en. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Eisenbahnatlas Schweiz. Verlag Schweers + Wall GmbH. 2012. pp. 12–13. ISBN 978-3-89494-130-7.
- "S-Bahn trains, buses and boats". ZVV. Retrieved 2011-09-14.
- Media related to Bahnhof Thalwil at Wikimedia Commons
- Thalwil railway station on SBB-CFF-FFS web site
|This article about a railway station in Switzerland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|