|Municipality of Thames Centre|
|Formed||January 1, 2001|
|• Mayor||Jim Maudsley|
|• Federal riding||Elgin—Middlesex—London|
|• Prov. riding||Elgin—Middlesex—London|
|• Land||433.95 km2 (167.55 sq mi)|
|• Density||30.0/km2 (78/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Area code(s)||519 and 226|
Thames Centre is a municipality in Middlesex County, Ontario, Canada, directly east of the City of London. It was formed on January 1, 2001, when the townships of West Nissouri and North Dorchester were amalgamated. It is part of the London census metropolitan area.
Thames Centre includes the Degree Confluence of 43N 81W.
Communities in the township include: Avon, Belton, Cherry Grove, Crampton, Cobble Hill, Derwent, Devizes, Dorchester, Evelyn, Fanshawe Lake, Friendly Corners, Gladstone, Harrietsville, Kelly Station, Mossley, Nilestown, Oliver, Putnam, Salmonville, Silvermoon, Thorndale, Three Bridges, and Wellburn.
Dorchester is the residential and commercial core of the township. Every year, there are many events held in Dorchester such as the Dorchester Fair, the Dorchester Car Show, the Run to the Fair 5k Road Race, and the Dorchester Dolphins. The Donnybrook Fiddle and Step Dance Competition has become an annual event held at the fairgrounds every Civic Long Weekend. This event brings fiddlers and steppers from all over the province and the North Eastern United States. Also, scouts from all over Canada and the USA attend a camporee called the Dorchester International Brotherhood Camp (DIBC). The camp attracts as many as 4,000 scouts and girl guides from Canada and the US every year. The camp is held annually on Mothers Day weekend, with its 22nd installment set to take place in May 2011. Dorchester is also home to the only high school in North America with the Beaver as their mascot, Lord Dorchester Secondary School.
- Population in 2011: 13,000
- Population in 2006: 13,085
- Population in 2001: 12,473
- Population total in 1996: 12,126
- North Dorchester (township): 8665
- West Nissouri (township): 3484
- Population in 1991:
- North Dorchester (township): 7915
- West Nissouri (township): 3277
- "Thames Centre census profile". 2011 Census of Population. Statistics Canada. Retrieved 2012-08-08.
- Dorchester International Brotherhood Camporee
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006 census
||Lucan Biddulph||Perth South|
|Central Elgin, Malahide|