||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (June 2014)|
Where Learning Comes First
The school is divided into year groups for tutor time, with school house and school year affecting a student's placing.
There are four school houses Centaur, Dragon, Phoenix and Griffin each being composed of students from all year groups.
The school uniform is a white shirt, black trousers or skirt, red tie with house colours and black shoes.
The full uniform policy is on the school website 
In 2013-14 76% of students achieved five A*-C grades including English and Maths - a 3% rise on the previous year's results. The school’s reputation for high standards in the Arts was also fully borne out in 2013-14 with 100% achieving A*-C grades in Music and Drama and 92% in Art.
Music is a successful and varied department with concerts ranging from piano recitals and acoustic soirées to outdoor performances. There are many opportunities to participate in a wide variety of music. There is also inclusive school and community choirs along with a popular Ukulele club. Music lessons can be arranged and take place after school in a variety of instruments including guitar, drums, piano and singing.
Performing Arts Department
Drama has been particularly strong at the school. Thamesmead is an Arts College and has been awarded Artsmark Gold. Students participate in a variety of shows local festivals and performances and they attend trips to the theatre to support their GCSE studies.
Thamesmead Plus gives students across all year groups the chance to experience different activities and skills in sessions held at the end of every school day. Homework Club enables students to complete homework tasks and seek help if needed. Other clubs and activities include Urban Dance, Cheer-leading, Geography Film Club, Cake Decorating, Note Bene Choir, Ukulele, Spanish, Drumming, Jazz, Drama, Maths, STEM Science and even Glee Club. After-school sports opportunities include the Fitness Gym, Basketball, Boys & Girls Football, Rugby, Netball, Badminton, Cricket and Trampolining.
Thamesmead in the community
Thamesmead are proud to be part of the local community in Shepperton. During inter-house competitions the school regularly support local charities including the Princess Alice Hospice, Honey Pot, Water Aid and Shooting Star CHASE. The school is involved in the annual Shepperton Village Fair in June with the PTA running a refreshment stall, the Art department running a craft stall and our prefects marshaling the parade and assisting at the event. At Christmas the Ukulele Group perform for the local Day Centre and attend the Big Tree Night in Shepperton High Street. The Art Club have recently painted a mural at the Greeno Centre as part of a community art project.
- Elise Matthews and Georgia Lancaster - 2014 World Acrobatic Gymnastic Trio Champions
- Ben Smyth - bassist for the band Rooster
- Steven Rushton - bassist for the band Son Of Dork (and writer of the Hannah Montana theme tune)
- Richard Archer - lead singer for the chart topping band HARD-Fi
- Dan Melchior - singer/songwriter/guitarist now living in the USA.
- Rohan Ince - footballer who plays for Football League Championship club Brighton & Hove Albion as a holding midfielder.
- Phillip Green - Britain's Got Talent 2013 semi finalist
- Spelbound - Various members, winners of Britain's Got Talent 2011
- Chester McKee - Semi finalist on BBC's I'd Do Anything
- "Edubase record - Establishment: Thamesmead School". Department for Education. Retrieved 2011-06-18.