Thanks (TV series)
|Created by||Phoef Sutton
|Country of origin||USA|
|No. of episodes||6|
|Running time||30 minutes with commercials|
|Production company(s)||Mauretania Productions
|Distributor||Buena Vista Television
ABC Studios (current)
|Original run||August 2, 1999 – September 6, 1999|
Thanks is an American television sitcom that debuted on CBS television network and ran for six episodes from 8:30 to 9:00pm ET on Monday nights. The program explores the trials and tribulations of the Winthrops, a 17th-century Puritan family, in Plymouth, Massachusetts. Characters take their names from John Winthrop, the famed governor of the original Bostonian Puritan community, and John Cotton, another prominent Puritan religious leader.
In alphabetical order:
- Amy Centner as Elizabeth Winthrop
- Erika Christensen as Abigail Winthrop
- Andrew Ducote as William Winthrop
- Tim Dutton as James Winthrop
- Cloris Leachman as Grammy Winthrop
- Kirsten Nelson as Polly Winthrop
- Jim Rash as John Cotton
- Thanks at the Internet Movie Database
- Thanks at TV.com
- Sarah Vowell essay on Thanks at Salon.com, published on August 25, 1999.
- Sarah Vowell additional commentary on This American Life from WBEZ Chicago on Chicago Public Radio distributed by Public Radio International (PRI): Episode 328 – What I Learned From TV, originally aired on March 16, 2007.
|This comedy television series-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|