How I Got to Memphis
|"How I Got to Memphis"|
|Single by Bobby Bare|
|from the album This Is Bare Country|
|B-side||"It's Freezing in El Paso"|
|Writer(s)||Tom T. Hall|
|Bobby Bare singles chronology|
"How I Got to Memphis" is the shortened title used by American country music singer Bobby Bare, of a song whose full title is: "That's How I Got to Memphis" written by Tom T. Hall and which appears on his 1969 album: 'Ballad Of Forty Dollars & His Other Great Songs'. Bobby Bare's album This Is Bare Country was released in August 1970 and this track was taken from it as a single. Other performers of this song use the full title: That's How I Got to Memphis.
|U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles||3|
|Canadian RPM Country Tracks||22|
Deryl Dodd version
|"That's How I Got to Memphis"|
|Single by Deryl Dodd|
|from the album One Ride in Vegas|
|Producer(s)||Blake Chancey, Chip Young|
|Deryl Dodd singles chronology|
The music video was directed by Marc Ball and premiered in 1996.
Dodd's version charted on Hot Country Songs for 20 weeks, peaking at number 36 in early 1997.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||38|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||36|
Bill Haley And The Comets covered the song as a single in 1969 on United Artists.
Buddy Miller covered the song on his 1995 album Your Love and Other Lies.
Solomon Burke covered the song on his 2006 album Nashville.
Natural Child covered the song on their 2012 album For the Love of the Game
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. pp. 42–43. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- "Album reviews". Billboard: 20. August 8, 1970.
- "Singles". Billboard: 72. July 18, 1970.
- Whitburn, pp. 127-28
- Yates, Don. "One Ride in Vegas review". Country Standard Time. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "RPM Country Tracks." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. March 3, 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "Deryl Dodd Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Deryl Dodd.
- Discogs http://www.discogs.com/Lee-Hazlewood-20th-Century-Lee/master/376346
|url=missing title (help).