That Man Bolt
|That Man Bolt|
Original film poster
|Directed by||David Lowell Rich
|Written by||Ranald MacDougall
Charles Eric Johnson
|Music by||Charles Bernstein|
|Cinematography||Gerald Perry Finnerman|
|Release dates||December 1973|
|Running time||103 min.|
That Man Bolt is a 1973 action film directed by David Lowell Rich and Henry Levin. It stars Fred Williamson in the title role of a courier and Byron Webster. The film combined several genres: blaxploitation, the martial arts film, and James Bond superspy films (with some postures featuring the tagline "He's Bonded"). It was filmed in Hong Kong, Macau and the USA and featured several martial arts experts in action: Mike Stone, World Professional Light Heavyweight Karate Champion, Kenji Kazama Japan Kick-boxing Champion, Emil Farkas, European Black Belt Karate Champion, and David Chow, Former California State Judo Champion. It was titled Operation Hong Kong outside the United States. Peter Crowcroft wrote the novelization of the screenplay.
- Fred Williamson as Jefferson Bolt
- Byron Webster as Griffiths
- Miko Mayama as Dominique Kuan
- Teresa Graves as Samantha Nightingale
- Masatoshi Nakamura as Kumada
- John Orchard as Carter
- Jack Ging as Connie Mellis
- Ken Kazama as Spider
- Vassili Lambrinos as Raoul De Vargas
- Paul Mantee as Mickey
- Hong Kong, UK (today China)
- Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- Macau, Portugal (today China)
- "That Man Bolt (1973) - Trailers, Reviews, Synopsis, Showtimes and Cast". AllMovie. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- "Grandmaster Mike Stone". Karatekidzonline.com. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- "Emil Farkas, “Sensei To The Stars” And A Lot More". TheMartialArtsReporter.com. 2010-01-28. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- "Master David Chow". Usadojo.com. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- "That Man Bolt : Taglines". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- "That Man Bolt : Locations". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2013-10-21.