|• Mayor (2008–2014)||Philippe de Bonneval|
|• Land1||27.33 km2 (10.55 sq mi)|
|• Population2 density||15/km2 (39/sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||18261 / 18210|
|Elevation||165–236 m (541–774 ft)
(avg. 181 m or 594 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
An area of forestry and farming comprising the village and several hamlets situated about 21 miles (34 km) southeast of Bourges at the junction of the D41 with the D92 and D943 roads. The Auron River forms the western and southern boundaryies of the commune.
- The eighteenth-century chateau of Thaumiers.
- The church of St. Saturnin, dating from the twelfth century.
- Some Roman remains: walls, tombs, vases, sculptures and an aqueduct.
- The fifteenth-century chateau of La Forêt.
- Ruins of the priory of Grandmont at Fontguédon.