|Launched||September 12, 2011|
|Owned by||Glenn Beck|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)
(HD feed downgraded to letterboxed 480i for SDTVs)
|Slogan||"The Network YOU Are Building"
"The Truth Lives Here"
New York City
District of Columbia
|Dish Network||212 (SD)|
|Available on select cable providers||Check local listings for channel numbers|
|Amazon Fire TV||TheBlaze|
TheBlaze is an independent news and entertainment television network and website founded by talk radio personality and entrepreneur Glenn Beck. TheBlaze has studios and offices based in Las Colinas, Texas; New York City, New York; Los Angeles, California; and the District of Columbia.
The network is available on regional cable providers throughout the United States, on channel 212 of the Dish Network, on the Roku Device, on SkyAngel and available internationally on its own online streaming service, which also includes a free digital subscription to a "1791" e-mail account and TheBlaze Magazine. The live audio stream is available on iHeartRadio and both the audio stream and live television stream are available on TheBlaze app, which is on the iPhone and on Android through Google Play.
As of December 30, 2014, TheBlaze is available on over 100 television providers, with eleven of those being in the top 25 nationwide.
- 1 History
- 2 Programs
- 3 Television studios
- 4 Notable personalities
- 5 Additional outlets
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Glenn Beck spawned Mercury Radio Arts in 2002, naming it after Orson Welles' seminal Mercury Theatre, which produced live theatrical broadcasts during the 1930s. The company produces all of Beck's productions, including his eponymous radio show, books, and live stage shows, and his official website.
On August 31, 2010, three days after his Restoring Honor rally at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D. C., Beck launched TheBlaze website, describing it as an alternative to "mainstream media outlets", which he said are "distorting facts to fit rigid agendas," he said TheBlaze will feature "breaking news, original reporting, insightful opinions and engaging videos about the stories that matter most" and that "we will examine our culture, deal with matters of faith and family, and we won’t be afraid of a history lesson." The site was reportedly modeled after The Huffington Post, and has been compared accordingly by Matt DeLong of the Washington Post and Steve Krakauer of Mediaite.
Glenn Beck announced the creation of an online only network that would replace Insider Extreme as a result of his Fox News departure on June 7, 2011. On September 12, 2011, Beck launched GBTV (acronymous for Glenn Beck TV) as an exclusive internet streaming network, produced and operated by Mercury Radio Arts. GBTV would air a television adaptation of his radio show, his television show, and other original programming, including Real News from TheBlaze, a nightly news program hosted by former CNN personality Amy Holmes. On June 18, 2012, Mercury Radio Arts announced the consolidation of all of its outlets under the "TheBlaze" brand, thus renaming the internet television station from GBTV to TheBlaze.
In 2012, Dish Network placed TheBlaze on its channel lineup. As a result of the "Get TheBlaze" campaign (a movement led by supporters to have other supporters call their cable or satellite television provider and ask them to carry the channel), several smaller, regional cable operators also have recently picked up TheBlaze—including "Cablevision" (a.k.a. Optimum TV – Channel 828), a major cable provider in the "New York metropolitan area" .
In February 2014, Eric Schmidt, the executive chairman at Google and Jared Cohen, the director of Google Ideas were featured on an episode of The Glenn Beck Program to talk about Internet privacy and the success that TheBlaze has had. "People are going to be studying what Glenn did for years and try to replicate it. To have a model where you have Internet and cable companies working together, it's extraordinary," said Schmidt in a behind-the-scenes interview.
|The Glenn Beck Radio Program||Glenn Beck
Jeff "Jeffy" Fisher
|Live - TheBlaze brings the Glenn Beck Radio Program out of 'the theater of the mind' and onto your television screen in beautiful HD.||2000–present|
|Pat & Stu||Pat Gray
|Live - Pat & Stu give an irreverent look at the day's headlines. From news and sports to pop-culture and politics, no subject is off limits.||2012–present|
|The Glenn Beck Radio Program||Glenn Beck
(Originally aired 9 a.m. EST)
|Glenn Beck Program||Glenn Beck||Live - Glenn Beck delivers passionate and thought provoking analysis in his engaging signature show.||2006–present|
|Dana||Dana Loesch||Live - Dana Loesch brings her passion for current events and politics to her new weekly opinion show.||2014–present|
|For the Record||Laurie Dhue||Live - The restoration of journalism has begun. For the Record is a news program with no political agenda and nothing to lose.||2013–present|
|Glenn Beck Program||Glenn Beck||Rebroadcast
(Originally airs early in the schedule)
(Originally airs early in the schedule)
- For the Record – Laurie Dhue presents a weekly investigative documentary series
- Liberty Treehouse- An educational program for younger audiences dealing with history, science and the arts. Hosted Raj Nair and Lu Hanessian
- Hot Shots – Reality television program that follows professional and amateur shooters on and off a gun range.
- 3-Gun Nation – Reality show competition where professional and amateur shooters compete in a 3-Gun contest for the grand prize of $50,000.
- The Wonderful World of Stu – Political satire presented by Stu Burguiere, focused primarily on promoting Libertarian principles while also poking fun at progressives and heavy government regulation.
- Honey Brake Experience – Gives viewers an insiders look at the challenges of the hunt and life at the Honey Brake Lodge.
- ThrowBeck - A collection of the most memorable moments ever on The Glenn Beck Program
- Week In Review - A review of the week's happenings
- Ammo & Attitude - A women's only outdoor show, in the spirit of "Survivor" meeting "The Apprentice". Sponsored by GoPro and Under Armour
- The Buck Sexton Radio Show - Live simulcast of Buck Sexton's radio program. Also pre-recorded and rerun
- The Root - An investigative documentary series getting down to the "root" of current events
Programs no longer producing new episodes but are still rerun on TheBlaze or available On Demand through TheBlaze's website.
- Hutch - Pastor Ken Hutcherson explores the stories and messages he wishes to share before he passes.
- Independence USA - A reality show where a family prepares for life off the grid.
- Pursuit of the Truth - Produced by Vince Vaughn, this reality series places documentary filmmakers against each other to see who can tell the best story.
- The BS of A - A sketch comedy show hosted by Brian Sack
- Building America - A television special hosted by Mike Rowe
- Real News Investigates - An investigative news program hosted by Buck Sexton
- The Project - A two-part documentary series revealing how the Muslim Brotherhood has infiltrated the American government and how our safety is at risk.
- The Making of Man in the Moon - A behind-the-scenes look at how American Dream Labs' Man in the Moon came to be.
- Alise vs. the Mayor - A documentary series following 10-year-old Alise Alexander as she finds out the school she loves is being shut down by Mayor Bill de Blasio of New York City. The series follows the issue of charter schools in New York.
- Restoring Courage - A series of three events held in Jerusalem, Israel, led by Glenn Beck and a call to stand with the Jewish people and to stand for courage.
- Restoring Love - A rally held by Glenn Beck to restore love and service in America and to turn back to God. Over 60,000 people were at the rally, which was held in AT&T Stadium, and thousands of other people participated in the "Day of Service", in which attendees went out to the Dallas - Ft. Worth area to serve their fellow American. Over a dozen tractor trailers were filled with food being sent out to several different cities across the country.
- Drive Thru History - Dave Scotts takes the audience to some of the most pivotal places in American history.
- The Soviet Story - A documentary detailing how The Soviet Union helped Nazi Germany instigate the Holocaust. Winner of the "Mass Impact Award" at the Boston Film Festival.
- Man in the Moon - A stage and film spectacular about the history of the world, past, present and future, told through the eyes of the moon.
Future shows and films
- History House – A television series set to be launched in early 2015 and being produced by Beck's "American Dream Labs" at the Mercury Studios in Las Colinas, History House features Johnny Appleseed and Bookworm, as they travel through the greatest stories ever told.
- The Revolutionary – Feature film, currently in production at the American Dream Labs
- Voltage: Tesla, Edison, Westinghouse – In production; tells the tale of the conflict between Nikola Tesla and Thomas Edison
- Immortal – A planned film, featuring a different take on Santa Claus
TheBlaze headquarters is located in Dallas, Texas at the studios at Las Colinas, where feature films Robocop and JFK, and television series Walker, Texas Ranger and Prison Break were filmed. TheBlaze has taken over the entire complex, where it currently operates production studios, a global newsroom, and also houses The American Dream Labs.
- Mercury Studio A: This studio is where the majority of shows are filmed, including The Glenn Beck Radio Program, Pat & Stu, The Glenn Beck Program, and The Wonderful World of Stu. The studio is decorated as a museum of American history, with a replica of the Oval Office (using props left over from the production of the feature film JFK) that includes a full-scale Resolute Desk, a carpet bearing the Seal of the President, and decorations modeling the real office. The studio also houses some of Glenn's favorite historical keepsakes, including Walt Disney's original blueprint and plans for Disneyland and the portrait of George Washington praying at Valley Forge. This studio is also the home of The American Dream Labs, though the actual working lab is hidden from the view of television cameras.
- Mercury Studio C: The original studio for production of The Glenn Beck Program, this studio is currently used for Dana
The network also has a studio and global newsroom in New York City, where Real News and Liberty Treehouse are produced and, for prerecorded shows, filmed. The studio is also home of radio program The Buck Sexton Show that airs on Saturdays.
The studios in Las Colinas are open to all TheBlaze employees when shows are not being filmed.
Correspondents, contributors, and substitute hosts
Regular and notable guests
- David Barton, Christian author and historian
- Penn Jillette, libertarian/atheist author, magician, and comedian
- Lis Wiehl, lawyer and author
- Mike Rowe, entrepreneur
- Sean Hannity, radio and television host
- Mark Levin, radio host
- Rabbi Daniel Lapin, radio host, author
- Andrew W.K., singer-songwriter and motivational speaker
- Jim Gilliam, CEO of NationBuilder, a platform that allows users to build and manage websites and offers tools to communicate with supporters
- Phil Robertson, Christian, professional hunter and star of Duck Dynasty
- Ted Nugent, hard rock musician and board member for the National Rifle Association
- Prince Ea, rapper and activist
- Bill O'Reilly, political commentator and host of The O'Reilly Factor
- Marcus Luttrell, US Navy SEAL who received the Navy Cross and Purple Heart for his actions in facing Taliban fighters during Operation Red Wings.
- Eric Schmidt, executive chairman of Google
- Jonathan Rosenberg, advisor to Google CEO Larry Page
- Peter Thiel, libertarian entrepreneur/founder of PayPal
- Pat Sajak, host of Wheel of Fortune
TheBlaze Radio Network was launched on September 5, 2012 and is available on SiriusXM internet radio channel 778 and for free via online streaming at TheBlaze.com/Radio, as well via the company's iOS app, and iHeartMedia's iHeartRadio app. TheBlaze Radio Network is the exclusive home of popular conservative talk-show hosts Jay Severin and Doc Thompson. Starting in 2013, it began producing and operating TheBlaze Radio News, providing news updates at the top of each programming hour on the SiriusXM channel SiriusXM Patriot.
TheBlaze Radio Schedule
- 6AM - The Morning Blaze with Doc and Skip
- 9AM - The Glenn Beck Radio Program
- 12PM - The Buck Sexton Show
- 2PM - Jay Severin
- 5PM - Pat & Stu
- 6AM - The Jeff Fisher Show
- 8AM - Pure Opelka
- 10AM - America W.K. with Andrew W.K.
- 12PM - The Chris Salcedo Show
- 3PM - Mike Slater Show
- 6PM - The Weekend with Joe Pags
- 8AM - Wallbuilders
- 1PM - Handel on the Law
- 2PM - The Jacki Daily Show
- 4PM - Gun Talk
- 7PM - Hollywood 360
|Slogan||"The truth has no agenda."|
Type of site
|News and opinion|
|Owner||Mercury Radio Arts (Glenn Beck)|
|Created by||Glenn Beck
Betsy Morgan, president
Scott Baker, editor-in-chief
|Launched||August 31, 2010|
|689 (October 2014[update])|
TheBlaze website launched on August 31, 2010. According to Beck, the site took two months to design. At launch, the site's chief editor was Scott Baker, with its associate editor/video producer Pam Key and with Jon Seidl and Meredith Jessup as reporters. Key is known for her blog, Naked Emperor News: Smoking Gun Video and Images. Baker is a former Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, broadcast journalist who previously worked at The Huffington Post and Breitbart TV. Seidl, of the Manhattan Institute, previously worked at the American Spectator. Jessup previously worked at Townhall.com. Journalists joining The Blaze later included S. E. Cupp and David Harsanyi.
On its opening morning, the site featured advertisements for Dick Armey's new book and for Goldline International, and its lead story dealt with allegations that Education Secretary Arne Duncan encouraged Education Department employees to attend Al Sharpton's counter-rally in Washington, which took place on the same day as the Restoring Honor rally and at which Duncan spoke. Another story, criticizing Feisal Abdul Rauf, featured the headline "Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the man behind the Ground Zero mosque, claims to be a Jew, Christian, and a Muslim. But some say that’s impossible."
Mercury Ink, partners with book publishing giant Simon & Schuster, is the publishing imprint of Mercury Radio Arts. Started in 2011, Mercury Ink publishes adult and young adult novels and non-fiction titles. Including books written by Glenn Beck, authors signed to Mercury Ink include New York Times best seller Richard Paul Evans.
- Leibovich, Mark (September 29, 2010). "Being Glenn Beck". New York Times Magazine.
- Rose, Lacey (August 30, 2010). "Glenn Beck’s $35 Million Empire Adds A News Site". Forbes Blogs: Moneywood.
- Barr, Andy (August 31, 2010). "Glenn Beck launches news site". POLITICO. Retrieved August 31, 2010.
- Rose, Lacey (August 31, 2010). "Glenn Beck’s $35 Million Empire Adds A News Site". Forbes. Retrieved August 31, 2010.
- Amy Holmes Joins Glenn Beck's GBTV Network As Anchor, Huffington Post, August 9, 2011
- "Glenn Beck drops his name from Web network, promises media 'revolution' - CNN.com". CNN. June 18, 2012. Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- Morgenstern, Madeleine (March 28, 2013). "TheBlaze TV Launching on 4 More Cable Operators". TheBlaze. Retrieved March 28, 2013.
- Adams, Becket (May 1, 2013). "TheBlaze Extends Its Reach, Announces TV Deal with Tri State Cable Provider". TheBlaze. Retrieved May 1, 2013.
- Carter, Bill (January 5, 2011). "Former Huffington Post Chief Is Hired to Run Glenn Beck Site". New York Times.
- "Theblaze.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- DeLong, Matt (August 31, 2010). "Glenn Beck launches conservative news site TheBlaze.com". Washington Post. Retrieved August 31, 2010.
- Weiner, Juli (August 31, 2010). "Is the Conservative Media Ignoring the Launch of The Blaze, Glenn Beck’s New Web Site?". Vanity Fair. Retrieved August 31, 2010.
- Lang, Brent (January 5, 2011). "Glenn Beck Hires HuffPo's Morgan for His Fledgling Website". The Wrap.
- "Analysts, NPR: Video edit of executive misleading". Associated Press. March 14, 2011.