The Next Web
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012)|
|The Next Web|
Type of site
|Available in||English, Dutch, French, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian|
|Created by||Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten, Patrick de Laive|
|1,130 (April 2014[update])|
The Next Web (TNW) was founded in 2006 and manages several initiatives focused on international technology news, business and culture. The Next Web Events division organizes the TNW Conference, in Amsterdam, New York and Sao Paulo. In 2006, The Next Web established the TNW Blog for which the organization is now best known. The blog was originally launched as a spin-off to the events division and has grown into one of the world’s leading technology blogs. In September 2014 the company announced a partnership with Tencent, who translate the articles of The Next Web in Chinese and distribute it on a qq.com.
TNW is founded by Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten (CEO) and Patrick de Laive. It employs 25 people in Amsterdam and 12 editors across the globe with Martin Bryant as Editor-in-Chief.
As of April 2014, it reports 6,500,000 unique visitors per month and 16,800,000 pageviews per month.
TNW Conferences are an annual set of conferences hosted by The Next Web in Amsterdam, New York, and São Paulo. With the first event taking place in 2006, TNW Conferences has since introduced a subsidiary program for early stage startups to launch products and meet investors, called Boost. Successful startups that have launched at TNW Conferences include Waze, Rapportive, and Shutl.
At The Next Web 2015 conference on April 23-24 in Amsterdam, the finalists for the fastest growing tech startup in Europe were Fairphone (the Netherlands), PackLink (Spain), Uplike (France), Blacklane (Germany), YPlan (UK), Freespee (Sweden), and Festicket (UK, wildcard entry). The fastest growing tech startup in Europe winner was Fairphone. 
- "Thenextweb.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "About Us". The Next Web. Retrieved 2015-03-26.
- "The NEXT Web (Wired UK)". Wired.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-09-30.
- "The Next Web 30 Second Pitches (VIDEO) - Huffington Post". Videos.huffingtonpost.com. 2012-09-25. Retrieved 2012-09-30.
- Kane, Zee M. "To make an end is to make a beginning". The Next Web. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "Advertise on The Next Web". The Next Web. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "TNW Europe Conference". The Next Web. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "TNW USA Conference". The Next Web. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "TNW Latin America Conference". The Next Web. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "About Us". The Next Web. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "Boost – The Road to Startup Success". The Next Web. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- Van Wijhe, Jelle. "Tech5: Fairphone named Europe’s fastest-growing startup of 2015". The Next Web. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- "TNW Deals". TNW Deals.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Next Web.|
|This journalism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|