The 8G Band
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014)|
The 8G Band is the house band for Late Night with Seth Meyers. The band is led by Saturday Night Live alumnus Fred Armisen. Armisen is the second former Saturday Night Live cast member to lead a band on Late Night; the first was Paul Shaffer. He assembled the 8G Band, named for the studio where the show is taped, just two weeks before the test show. He texted friends Seth Jabour, Syd Butler and Eli Janney (“What are you guys doing this week?”), then found drummer Kimberly Thompson through an audition.
- Fred Armisen (bandleader, rhythm guitar)
- Seth Jabour (lead guitar)
- Syd Butler (bass)
- Kimberly Thompson (drums)
- Eli Janney (keys)
- St. Vincent (guest bandleader, guitar, vox)
- Brendan Canty (percussion)
- Eleanor Friedberger (rhythm guitar/vocals, regular sub for Fred Armisen)
- Susanna Hoffs (guitar)
- Nathan Larson (lead guitar, sub for Seth Jabour)
- J Mascis (guitar, special guest for "Dinosaur Week")
- Brad Paisley (guitar)
- Captain Sensible (guitar)
- Marnie Stern (lead/rhythm guitar, regular sub for Fred Armisen)
- "Meet the "Late Night with Seth Meyers" 8G Band!". NBC. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- O'Connell, Michael. "Seth Meyers Taps Fred Armisen To Lead 'Late Night' Band With Members of Les Savy Fav, Girls Against Boys". Billboard. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- Mora, Celest. "Who Is In the 8G Band on Seth Meyer's 'Late Night'? Get to Know This Awesome Fivesome". Bustle. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "Watch Eleanor Friedberger Sit In With The 8G Band On Late Night With Seth Meyers". SpinMedia. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "J Mascis Announcment". KUKQ. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Watch Marnie Stern Join Late Night's 8G Band". Prefix. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
|This article on a United States band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|