The Acacia Strain
|The Acacia Strain|
|Origin||Chicopee, Massachusetts, United States|
|Labels||Rise, Prosthetic, Devil's Head|
|Associated acts||Bury Your Dead, Recon, Between the Buried and Me, All That Remains|
|Past members||Daniel "DL" Laskiewisz
The Acacia Strain is a deathcore band from Chicopee, Massachusetts formed in 2001. The band has gone through several lineup changes and vocalist Vincent Bennett is the only current, original member. The Acacia Strain is currently signed to Rise Records. 
Originally founded in 2001, the band itself has undergone numerous changes in the member line-up. To date they have released six studio albums, as well as two split albums: one with Loyal to the Grave (on which they covered the Slayer song "Seasons in the Abyss") and another with This or the Apocalypse, War from a Harlots Mouth, Fact, and Aggressive Dogs. The band has worked with acclaimed producers Adam Dutkiewicz and Chris "Zeuss" Harris.
In April 17, 2012, it was announced that The Acacia Strain had signed to Rise Records, announcing plans for a new album in October 2012.
On April 25, 2012, a new song, titled "Servant in the Place of Truth", was released digitally, and at the time was also in anticipation of their upcoming album, which will be released in the fall
On July 18, 2012, The Acacia Strain announced the title of their new upcoming album, Death is the Only Mortal. It is set for release on October 9, 2012.
On August 10, 2012, The band announced the track listing for Death is the Only Mortal and released the album art via their Facebook page. However, the single "Servant in the Place of Truth" is not listed on the album. Guitarist Daniel "DL" Laskiewicz later confirmed that it was just a non-album single.
On May 18, 2013, Daniel "DL" Laskiewicz announced via his Facebook page that The Acacia Strain had moved on without him and that he was no longer a part of the band.
Musical style and themes
Allmusic characterizes the band's musical style as "utiliz[ing] a bone-crushing rhythm section, apocalyptic samples, and a unique triple-guitar assault to deliver their signature blend of hardcore punk, noise, death metal and doom metal." The site's review of Wormwood elaborates on the band's sound as "an inelegant and unstoppable juggernaut fueled by memories of the unchecked aggression unleashed on the world by the likes of Sepultura and Pantera."
The band's bassist, Jack Strong, describes their music as hardcore-influenced metal. Although the band is sometimes classified as deathcore, lead vocalist Vincent Bennett has gone on record to say that "deathcore is the new nu-metal. [...] It sucks. And if anyone calls us 'deathcore' then I might do something very bad to them."
Written by lead vocalist Vincent Bennett, the band's lyrics generally center around misanthropy and nihilism. Bennett employs misogynistic and sexually deviant imagery in his lyrics, but usually only as metaphors to help get his points across while keeping the songs' overall meanings open for interpretation.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|...And Life Is Very Long||
|The Dead Walk||
|Death Is the Only Mortal||
|"—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
- Money For Nothing (2013)
- Above/Below (2013)
- "Servant In The Place of Truth" (2012)
- 2001 Demo (2001)
- The Most Known Unknown (2010)
- "Smoke Ya Later" (2004)
- "3750" (2005)
- "Angry Mob Justice" (2006)
- "Skynet" (2009)
- "The Hills Have Eyes" (2010)
- "The Impaler" (2011)
- "Victims of the Cave (Lyric Video)" (2012)
- "The Acacia Strain". MusicMight. Retrieved 2012-04-22.
- "The Acacia Strain". MixPod. Retrieved 2012-04-22.
- "Unearth Frontman Is 'Excited' About Working with Producer Adam Dutkiewicz Again". Blabbermouth.net. 2008-04-24. Retrieved 2011-08-07.
- "Official website". Prosthetic Records. Retrieved 2011-08-07.
- "The Acacia Strain's 'The Most Known Unknown' DVD Lands on Billboard Chart". Blabbermouth.net. 2010-02-24. Retrieved 2011-08-07.
- The Acacia Strain at Billboard.com
- "THE ACACIA STRAIN To Release 'Death Is The Only Mortal'". Blabbermouth.net. 2012-07-18. Retrieved 2012-07-18.
- "Track listing and album cover for Death is the Only Mortal". Retrieved 2012-08-19.
- "NEWS: The Acacia Strain unveil new guitarists Devin Shidaker and Richard Gomez". Retrieved 2013-06-04.
- Monger, James Christopher. "The Acacia Strain". Allmusic. Retrieved 2011-08-07.
- Heaney, Gregory. "Wormwood - The Acacia Strain". Allmusic. Retrieved 2011-08-07.
- "The Acacia Strain Is My Favorite Band [W/ Interview]". MetalSucks. 2011-02-28. Retrieved 2011-08-07.
- Bee Roth, David (2008-12-30). "Exclusive Interview with The Acacia Strain's Vincent Bennett". MetalSucks. Retrieved 2011-08-07.
- "The Acacia Strain - 2009 Interview with Vincent Bennett". hardtimes.ca. 2009-03-28. Retrieved 2011-08-07.
- "Interview with Vincent Bennett of The Acacia Strain". Sick Drummer Magazine. 2009-05-15. Retrieved 2011-08-07.
- "The Acacia Strain Interview". Driven Far Off. 2006-05-26. Retrieved 2011-08-07.
- "The Acacia Strain – Chart History: Billboard 200". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 29 December 2013.
- "The Acacia Strain – Chart History: Heatseekers Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 29 December 2013.
- "The Acacia Strain – Chart History: Independent Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 29 December 2013.
- "The Acacia Strain – Chart History: Top Rock Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 29 December 2013.
- "The Acacia Strain – Chart History: Hard Rock Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 29 December 2013.